Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1650 supermarkets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. I'm sorry to start a new topic but I think it's helpful for any future Snowheads searching the forums (when I put this title in the advance search I couldn't find anything which helped)! We are self-catering again this year but going to Moriond for the first time. Normally we book a Carrefour drive online before we leave the UK and then ask our airport transfer company to stop along the way to the accommodation to pick the shop up. Last year we got stung by the UK snow and our original flight got cancelled and we had to then cancel our pick up slot from the supermarket - we ended up in the resort 30 hours later at midnight but thankfully the excellent chalet company did a basic shop for us! This year hopefully there won't be any flight delays but I'd like to just buy stuff in resort so wondered what the supers are like there. Are they well-stocked? Do any of them deliver (the thought of carrying lots of beer and wine in the snow on village escalators with children in tow isn't appealing)? Thanks for any advice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In 1650 there are a couple of supermarkets. Neither are huge and Id be surprised if they deliver, but I don't know. What is for sure is that everything is at a premium compared to the valley. Could it be better value - if there are four of you - to rent a car, then stop in one of the big supermarkets on the way up, rather than book airport transfer service?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are reasonably well-stocked for what you will need: making basic hearty meals.

I'd also be very surprised if they deliver, but if they do it is more likely to be during the day (their quiet time), when you want to be skiing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies for reviving this topic but I wondered if anyone had any specifics on best supermarkets to do a 'big shop' prior to heading upto 1650. We're flying into Geneva. Is there a preferred shop on the route to Courcheval or is the Valley our best bet?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We always stop at the Super U Salins les thermes which is through moutiers and on the road up. It is excellent and has a good range of stuff. We have a place in 1650 and I have tried all the moutiers supermarkets and I think this is the best
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s great. Thanks for the tip. Will check it out
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@john19999, along with the supermarkets in Moutiers, there is a large hypermarche ("geant") in Albertville, in the centre commercial, really easy to get to. we tend to go there en-route to the 3v's, my teenage girls love it, and i enjoy browsing the large booze aisles!!!

There is a McDonald's next to it, along with a couple of other eateries in case you needed to eat before you head up the mountain.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This. The Super U et Drive had good prices (check if your kitchen has oven, we bought many cheap chilled pizzas and added our own top ups) and the Albertville one was good as well. Plenty of beers and wines at cool prices.
Our apartment in C1650 was close to Spar, useful for forgotten items.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy