Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Everyone loves the temps - they are scaring the sh’t out of me

Poster: A snowHead
Steilhang wrote:
@Mr.Egg, how far above sea level do you live? If it's at the level of (for example) London or New York or Amsterdam then you may relatively soon find your lack of care was unfounded.

about 30 meters. I live on the coast.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mr.Egg, You should be OK then. You might have to add fortifications to keep all your lower living neighbours off your property once they get flooded out, but other than that you'll be fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A warm couple of weeks has nothing to do with global warming. Which may or may not exist, and may be human-driven, or may not.

Anyway, no point worrying, absolutely diddly squat you or anybody else can do about it. Get out there and enjoy a lovely sunny snowy day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Which may or may not exist, and may be human-driven, or may not.

rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did anyone see Bridge of Spies? Tom Hanks kept asking Mark Rylance if he was worried, to which the reply came “Would it help?”

The climate has been changing since the beginning of time. There seem to be plenty of people arguing about how much of it is anthropogenic. Will worrying about it make a difference or just prevent one from enjoying life?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gordyjh,
Quote:
Will worrying about it make a difference or just prevent one from enjoying life?
It will make a difference if we actually do something about it, as well as cleaning up the environment and creating entire new industries and jobs based on new technologies. Sounds better to me then sticking head in sand and hoping all those boffins have got it wrong and Trump has it right.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gordyjh, does it really prevent you from enjoying life f you do small stuff like reuse carrier bags and recycle your waste? Does it really stop you enjoying life if lorries have to run more efficiently? Do you some how suffer because the electricity in your house comes from renewable sources?

And sure, these are small, almost inconsequential things for you to do. But when billions of people are doing the same then effects start to become noticeable.

So I’m going to continue my carbon rich hobbies of motorsport and skiing, but if there are other ways that I can have even a tiny input then I don’t see a valid reason not to.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I can do these things without worrying about it. Worrying and getting all irate is unproductive so I choose not to do it. I wish all fish bit as easily!

@Steilhang, I am in no position to create new industries so I won’t waste my time and energy worrying about it. Who said anything about sticking heads in the sand or the Donald?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gordyjh, Even if you don't worry about it, in an irate sense, as responsible human beings we should do something about it however small the gesture. It doesn't have to be a big industry changing achievement, it can be anything from walking to the shops or not buying something because it's a single use plastic. You might feel that it might not make any difference but if one billion people did it, then it would have a huge impact. Bit by bit we can make a change but it has to start with us.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gordyjh wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I can do these things without worrying about it. Worrying and getting all irate is unproductive so I choose not to do it. I wish all fish bit as easily!

How droll.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry @SnoodlesMcFlude, just realised I said very similar things to you in your previous post! Embarassed
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@beenative, and one can do all of these things without getting irate, worried or preachy.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Steilhang wrote:
@Mr.Egg, You should be OK then. You might have to add fortifications to keep all your lower living neighbours off your property once they get flooded out, but other than that you'll be fine.

our town has a big sea barrier. Years ago it was all sand dunes & the sea at high tide used to wash up & over the main road.
Probably a 5m high concrete barrier now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gordyjh, True, but we do need to change and possibly quicker than we might think. The faster we do it, even if we do get things wrong on the way, will only help our children and the future generations out.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Steilhang wrote:

our town has a big sea barrier. Years ago it was all sand dunes & the sea at high tide used to wash up & over the main road.
Probably a 5m high concrete barrier now.
Ah that's OK then. Probably won't reach 5m in your life time.
You're alright, pull up the ladder
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
@Mr.Egg, where do you dream up the tosh you post?

Laughing I stopped reading his posts a while back. Very Happy
latest report
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Climate change is a reality, and yes it may lead to the loss of skiing at some point in the future, but if we reach that point then perhaps the loss of skiing will be the least of our worries.

I'm not sure that pointing to the loss of glaciers as an indicator to loss of skiing though, the glaciers have been retreating for many years, originally since the last major ice age, and although this stopped and may have even reversed in more recent years, (such as the little ice age), the trend has been for them to retreat, albeit they are doing so with increasing speed since the 80's.

However glacier retreat in itself is not an indicator of lack of snow, as a lot of resorts do not have a glacier anyway, yet they still get plenty of snow each year to ski on.

I've got kind of mixed feelings about this, I mean, yes I love skiing, and I'll be disappointed if I'm not able to do it in the future, but the reality is, is that if the world warms that much, then we will have a lot more issues than skiing to worry about, including flooding, crop failure, killing off of parts of the foodchain in the sea, more extreme weather events, etc.

When it gets hotter, ice melts.

Temperatures are increasing worldwide.

Snowfall is decreasing worldwide.

Glaciers are shrinking worldwide.

Over 1000 times faster today than 1m years past.

All the signs are there.

Global warming.

Global melting.

Global drying.

But the panic around global warming is just attention-seeking by control-freak lefty maniacs.

Human life expectancy has soared +100% in the global warming era.

Human population has rocketed a huge +770000% in the global warming era.

Contrary to the Project Fear ecomaniacs, global warming is good for the human race.
snow conditions
...for the human race. So far. Sort of. Not if you live in Bangladesh, or the Maldives. It’s not also good if you are a plant trying to adapt to changing temps (the pines around here) or a challenged species other than a human (cf 40pc of known insect species).

I regret that I interpret the brilliant Mark Rylance quote completely differently. This quote ‘would it help’ is from someone who feels they can do nothing. I worry about human impact in the environment precisely because we can take collective and individual action to do something about it...
latest report
+1 @valais2, there’s so much that can go unnoticed. C02 might be great for plant growth but the quality of the pollen reduces, meaning bees have to collect more, working harder, to get the same amount of nutrition they need to survive. It’s a vicious positive feedback cycle that’s reflected in the many different systems across the globe, that many are aware of on here and when taken together, concerning enough to act upon however small the gesture.
latest report
@beenative, @valais2,

maybe if you care that much you will start walking/cycling everywhere instead of using heat emitting vehicles. Sit in the cold & dark, as well as only eat what you find & forage.

What you perceive as doing your bit, is a bit hypocritical. You are reliant on our energy consumption or otherwise you be back to living in caves.
snow report
@Mr.Egg, You're missing the point somewhat, I'm aware of what I do, my business and how it might effect the planet and therefore I'm also interested in solutions, and how can I make a positive contribution. Running off and knitting porridge isn't really going to help and would prevent me from finding potential solutions and contributing to a positive change.
snow conditions
@Mr.Egg, you must be living in a cave (or more likely under a bridge) if you've never heard of green energy suppliers.
latest report
... mr egg ... Er ... I do care

Built a low carbon house
Grow wood and heat house with wood
Cycle most places
Use green energy for the 500w we use if we have all the led lights in in our house
Am not a beardy tree hugger
Am a concerned person

Stones...glass houses etc
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
instead of using heat emitting vehicles. Sit in the cold & dark, as well as only eat what you find & forage.

What you perceive as doing your bit, is a bit hypocritical. You are reliant on our energy consumption or otherwise you be back to living in caves.

Energy generation and consumption - of itself, so ignoring any contribution to the greenhouse effect - has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with global warming.
snow report
James the Last wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
instead of using heat emitting vehicles. Sit in the cold & dark, as well as only eat what you find & forage.

Energy generation and consumption - of itself, so ignoring any contribution to the greenhouse effect - has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with global warming.

Eh?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy