Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1650 village restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Me again with another Moriond question! I've search through historic posts but they are all a few years old now so I wondered what's new in 1650 in terms of restaurant recommendations in the village for the evenings. We'll have a couple of 7 year old kids in tow for a few of our nights out so recommendations for "grown ups" plus some kid-friendly ones would be much appreciated. Apologies in advance if I've missed a recent thread on this.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you fancy something a bit different, I can thoroughly recommend Copina, which is where the Arc en Ciel used to be (one of oldest my long term faves). I rang the number to book a table in New Year week, aware that it had changed hands, but not that it had been turned into a Tapas bar. After wondering what we were in for, we were impressed the first time and have been back about 5 times since (skiing from St Martin). Just returned from an excellent lunch there today in fact. The food is really good and obviously a bit different from the usual Savoie grub. The calamari is the best I’ve ever had, and the 3 mini dessert cafe gourmand is superb. I think there’s stuff on the menu that the kids would like too.
It’s a bar at the front, and I guess the evening crowd might be a bit more lively, but it definitely worth a visit.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Perty, sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mountaindoc, La Table de Marie is a good one, especially when kids are with you.

Reasonably priced. Unpretentious, good quality food. VG pizzas. Tends to be busy, which is a good sign.

Never disappointed over many years.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeakyB, looks great. Thank you
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We like Le Petit Savoyard but you would need to book as it is small. Le C opposite keystone is very nice but pricey. Agree Copina is great and we like the creperie on the main drag.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Andie65, cheers. We like the look of Le C so will book it on our last night when we have a babysitter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I second Copina, absolutely fantastic food and wine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also wondered if you could recommend any 1650 bars where we can have a quiet-ish middle-aged drink, hear ourselves speak and sit down and stuff? Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shame that Arc en Ciel went as that was a lovely restaurant. Really friendly.

Petit Savoyarde and Table Du Marie were great.

We were put off of Le C as we stayed in that block last year and the reception area had a bit of a "drains" smell.
Everyone said the food was good though, so presumably it wasn't that bad inside!! Very Happy

Most disappointing of all was Cucina Angelina in La Portetta. We really didn't think it was worth the money and the service inside was poor.
The bar inside is nice for a grown up drink, and the outside area is lovely if the sun is out. Just avoid happy hour if it's busy and you want to avoid the "apres" vibe.

I have to say thought that Courchevel 1650 is one of my favourite spots in the World. I love it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mountaindoc, Also La Boulett, if that is the correct spelling, bar with good freshly cooked food. The English lady owner has been there quite a while, often live music.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Digging up my own old thread. Loved 1650 when we went in 2019 so thank you to everyone who recommended places to eat/drink. Tried to go again in 2020 and then 2021 but you know... We are due to finally return, third time lucky next week. Arriving very late on a private airport transfer (around 10pm) on a weekeday night with two 10 year olds. Any idea if there would be anywhere open still serving food at that time? All the supermarkets seem to shut around 8 or 9 pm. I may just stuff a pizza in a cool pack in my suitcase Laughing Also, do you know the name of the italian which has replaced restaurant l'alambic? Wondered what it's opening hours were. Thank you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
closey1973 wrote:

Most disappointing of all was Cucina Angelina in La Portetta. We really didn't think it was worth the money and the service inside was poor.
The bar inside is nice for a grown up drink, and the outside area is lovely if the sun is out. Just avoid happy hour if it's busy and you want to avoid the "apres" vibe.

Bummer that has been on my list to try for a while....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ seconded ... Cucina Angelina was disappointing, I wondered if Hartnett had anything to do with it, overcooked expensive pasta and unprofessional service. To be honest I think the 3-Valleys dining experiences are heading downhill, authentic family run mountain restaurants seem to be being displaced. Hopefully the demise on the oligarchs might result in a reset.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is a new restaurant in the village this year Henri’s diner which does good pizzas till late. It is up by petit savoyarde have been twice and it was excellent both times. Copina is consistently excellent. Cucina Angelina is awful expensive and terrible service. The restaurant in Manali lodge is very good for lunch and dinner.
snow conditions
Thank you @Andie65, we will explore Henri’s. Shame about Cucina Angelina. May have to give it a miss Sad
snow report
Thank you @Andie65, we will explore Henri’s. Shame about Cucina Angelina. May have to give it a miss Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy