Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beast 16 FrankenBindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of my Beast 16 toe pieces seemed very loose when skiing in Galtur in January and led to a couple of days where I didn't have much confidence that the binding would actually hold together - luckily it did. On return I took the bindings apart and found on one binding that both of the turrets on the base plate, which the toe wings pivot on, have sheared off, and on the other binding one turret has sheared.

I have 2 sets of skis Quiver Killered for these bindings and as the these bindings are no longer available thought I'd have a go at a repair.

Many thanks to Spyderjon for kindly sending me some old parts.

The Frankenbindings now live!

One now has the base plate from what I understand was a pre-production Mk2 binding and the other the base plate from an otherwise broken Mk1.

There is a slight difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 base plate in that the Mk1 does not have the black plastic (anti-friction?) plate under where the spring mechanism fits. Obviously a point to keep well greased.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey. You don't seem particularly grumpy about this...does this seem like reasonable wear and tear given how much you've skied them? I'm not familiar enough to be able to visualise what these turrets do, but think I'd be pretty, err, flippin' alarmed by any part of my binding shearing off! Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@AB Ski, I’m with @ChrisWo, this seems pretty poor performance to me!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ChrisWo, Bought the bindings from Sport Conrad in summer 2016 when I think they were being sold off as end of line. It was on the 10th week of (admittedly pretty hard) use that I noticed the problem - although had a couple of unexpected pre-releases at the end of wk9 on last years EOSB so reckon the turrets had sheared off by then.

I'd normally expect a lot more that 9 weeks out of a set of bindings but as they've been out of production for over two and a half years and I bought them from Germany I'm sure any warranty will have expired long ago. Might however drop a line to Dynafit just to see what they say.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy