Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic sx9 binding replacement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads!
I'm brand new here, so please forgive any newbie mistakes. I have an older set of lightly used skies. I love them and they ski great except for a damaged binding. local ski store don't want to touch them, so... here I am.
05/06 Atomic Supercross sx9 ski with device 412 binding. there was a binding recall on the 1998-2002 series, but I believe mine are fine. because of the design and curved surface of the ski I cannot put any binding on them.

Does anyone know which bindings would fit my skis? I am ok buying new or used. I've tried to contact atomic with no luck. any help appreciated! thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah that's an old ski with a hostage binding so your best chance is thrift stores or ski swaps.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Ski Bartlett.

When I needed a part for the binding of my 2003 Atomic 11.20, they (very helpfully) scrounged around in their old parts bin and sorted me out.

They are probably your best hope...I know, as I tried almost everyone/everywhere else.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ninja905 wrote:
.....there was a binding recall on the 1998-2002 series, but I believe mine are fine......

No they're not. All of the Device model bindings are now well out of indemnification - and for good reason as the plastic is highly likely to fail - I've had three significant failures in this season, two were when the users clicked in but the third was on a guy doing a fair lick at the time but was lucky to walk away unscathed.

It's new skis time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the responses... what a great community!

@Dave
That was my thought. But, do I need to find the (defective) device 412 bindings or are there others that fit? I know they switched bindings to the neon about that time and some people have Solomon bindings on those skis... if no new bindings fit, how do I find out which used bindings to swap out with? I don’t know if they changed the shape of the ski so that a 2year newer model would/ or would not fit??? I’d like to find a newer used binding thatvwould fit that ski.

@old fartbag
Thanks. I’ll try ski Bartlett.

@spyderjon
Ok, but isn’t the ski still fine? If I could get a better binding to fit these skis, would I not be fine? Or is that the problem, and there aren’t any other bindings that fit?

Once again, thanks guys!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ninja905 wrote:
....Or is that the problem, and there aren’t any other bindings that fit?

I believe that is the case.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Old Fartbag wrote:
ninja905 wrote:
....Or is that the problem, and there aren’t any other bindings that fit?

I believe that is the case.

Yep, that's correct.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They were the first pair of skis I bought (second-hand) when I moved here in 2006!
I live very close to the Atomic factory and mine were Sx9's in disguise.
They were 'show' skis to demonstrate the Neox EBM binding that had a snazzy LCD display on the front... The toe talked to the heel via radio to make sure everything was just lovely and then gave an 'OK'.
My skis, however, were fitted with standard Neox bindings!
Funnily enough, the binding never really caught on!
(google search link with some vids and stuff...)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=atomic+neox+ebm&btnG=&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy