Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

un-denting sigg oval bottle

Poster: A snowHead
...quite apart from taking 36 hours longer to arrive home than we did (thanks Continental/Houston International) my nice shiny new Sigg oval bottle, packed fairly well wrapped, etc. arrived with a large dent down the middle.

Clearly this unlikely to affect function but any bright ideas as to how to get the dent out?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fill with water, screw top on and freeze?????????

or send it back and ask for a perfect one Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gregh, I did wonder if they gave it that sort of unconditional guarantee...sadly not!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, not much hope sorry to say, the dent will be stronger than the rest of the bottle. The freezing thing will split the bottle before the dent comes out Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
can't you claim off the courier/Continental/Houston????
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, Same happened to mine - but when in my rucksack which somehow got between me and the snow while skiing Happy . I found out from the reaction of my mates that this is what Sigg bottles are best known for.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From first hand experience, you can fill them with water and freeze them. The thing is, it's all about the timing of when to take it out of the freezer. You won'te get it perfect but when the dints come out enough take it out - don't push your luck by freezing it for too long.

But, IMHO it really isn't worth it - they just get dinted again and again. Once they get really battered they look good though - looks like you've been places with it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have had some success with dented hip flasks by putting the top on and sticking it in a sink of hot water. Watch it like a hawk, though, as it might distort (as it's a cylindrical bottle, this might not be a problem), break the stopper or burst.

With small car body work dents, quickly freezing and then quickly heating up a dent can sometimes pop it out, but I'm not sure that it would work with a bottle, and freezing the dent quickly would be troublesome.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy a new one. It will never look unblemished whatever action you take. It was obviously bought for the pose factor wink and so should be binned with immediate effect. What do they cost £10-15 ?.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Buy a new one. What do they cost £10-15 ?.

A quid in the local poundshop. (Okay they aren't Sigg - but they look extremely similar.)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DM,

Dents are cred...

It would've happened when you wiped out big time anyway...think you need a better story than in transit tho' Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dent the other side and pretend it's a design feature
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT, he he

I haven't got a piccy, but this isn't just a wee ding. More like a major fold in half...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Dents are cred

Exactly. My bro has a dented Sigg bottle that he claims to have found at the bottom of a large cliff in Chamonix, alongside a helmet with a rather large dent in it - you get the idea...if anyone asks just say the dent happened when you used the bottle to jam the crack in the critical move of an E8 in Yosemite, or maybe it broke your fall when you pulled your first corked 9. For christ's sake don't be seen with brand new shiny kit or you'll look like a punter with a Snow&Rock discount card and no idea wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Buy a new one. It will never look unblemished whatever action you take. It was obviously bought for the pose factor wink and so should be binned with immediate effect. What do they cost £10-15 ?.

Look, mate, it's OK for you monied types in Flatcappen Whippetland to recommend such profligacy, but down here in the real world we can't afford to chuck away water bottles at the drop of a hat, even if they are only a quid in a poundshop (whatever one of those is).
latest report
richmond, Even better, buy a litre of water for €1 and often they will throw in a plastic bottle for free.
snow report
richmond wrote:
we can't afford to chuck away water bottles at the drop of a hat, even if they are only a quid in a poundshop (whatever one of those is).

A poundshop is a shop where everything costs one pound sterling, also known as a quid. Toofy Grin From www.startups.co.uk:

Quote:
The pound shop phenomenon began with the UK’s original outlet, Poundland. The store opened in Burton-on-Trent at the end of 1990 in an shopping centre that was struggling to attract tenants and took an incredible £13,000 in its first day of opening alone. More stores were to follow and last year the nationwide chain with a range of over 2000 products on its shelves generated £2.6 million in profit.
snow conditions
For anyone (no-one?) interested? I've tried the hot water trick to no avail and now have said Sigg flask in the deep freeze at 55 minutes and counting...
ski holidays
David Murdoch, how 'bout coke in the flask then in the hot water, or bicarbonate and vinegar Twisted Evil
ski holidays
slikedges, now there's a thought! OK, if it survives the freezing ordeal, the next is chemical expansion.

I really should just buy a new one. BTW, slikedges, you going to the PSB?
latest report
David Murdoch, would like to but I usually have an important non-skiing trip that time of year, though as it happens, this year I might be free Very Happy
ski holidays
slikedges, that would be cool.

Well, 3 hours in my reasonably cold deep freeze and still not frozen through. Decided (even after a few well deserved post office libations) that leaving it in overnight might be unwise.

THe next gripping episode of this almost heroic struggle of man versus dented materials follows probably next Saturday matinee.
snow report
Try freezing it solid with gradually increasing volumes of water in it.
ski holidays
Can anyone explain why do you even need an aluminium bottle? They were great when compared to glass bottles, but why not use a plastic bottle? It's just for holding water, right? I use either a camelback (actually the Source ones, they are much better - no fungi or funky smell in years of use and minimal maitenance) or a plastic bottle- cheap and light. I don't care that it makes me look like a punter, cause i am.
ski holidays
sugardaddy,

Because when you wipe out big style the plastic ones can empty all over your pack...
snow report
and when it's full of fine Crianza Reserva that can be mighty messy!
latest report
David Murdoch, I think that your ski trips are in a different league to the rest of ours... Very Happy
snow report
Kramer, I don't have the first idea what you mean. Last week was extremely abstemious. We had no huge late lunches. Not a one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, I'm just suggesting that your ski trips seem to have a bit more panache than the rest of ours. Very Happy
ski holidays
David Murdoch, light lunches are for pussies wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy