Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara Evening Meals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm off to Corvara on Saturday for the week and wondered how busy the restaurants are likely to be in the village in the evenings. Would planning ahead and booking for each night be required, or should we be able to decide where we want to go on the day?

What with it being half term and all that, didn't know if it was going to be insanely busy.

Thanks
Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TopGooner, if you want to eat the the Michelin restaurant (La Perla) you will need to book as early as possible
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm with teenagers... La Perla is probably a bit over the top! Pizza / Pasta / Steak. That sort of thing will be fine.

Ones on the list include:

Fornella
Trattoria con Griglia La Tambra
Zirmstube
Brach
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Le Fornella Pizza restaurant is lovely...but busy. Not sure if you can book? We went there twice and only waited for 10 minutes or so. We had a really fabulous meal at Hotel Col Alt. €40 per head for something really special. The hotel lounge is a lovely place for a pre dinner drink too. Try L'Got for a civilised apres ski drink. This is under the Audi display at the top of the village - wonderful cocktails with lovely snacks that come with them. L'Murrin barn (opposite La Perla) has a lively apres scene from around 4 pm. Hotel Posta Zirm had an excellent menu and covered a huge variety of options in both selection and price. Salvan is another decent place and we just walked in (but early January) - the food was great! We had a lovely meal in Hotel Tambra too. There were loads of places that we didn't get to try and the overall standard in the area is high so I would be surprised if you had a bad meal! I doubt that Corvara is hit hard by UK half term and if there are only 2 of you, it should be easy enough to get a table - you may have to have a drink at the bar whilst you wait.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great info, thanks. There's actually 17 of us, across 4 families, but not sure what the evening plans will be so we'll have to just wing it Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah....lots of prebooking required then! Posta Zirm, Salvan and La Tambra would be the favourites for a large reservation I would guess? The earlier you go, the quieter the places are!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
busy - book or go early - ie before 6
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can recommend Taverna Posta Zirm and Fornella. Ate in both only 2 weeks ago. Fornella is huge inside but was very busy. Managed to get a table straight away but only 2 of us. Ate in taverna posta zirm only at lunchtimes but very good. Would pre book if more than 2 of you as theres not that many seats in there even though it looks a big room. +1 for L'Got, lovely place for a drink if you can get a seat
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy