Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/Board Hire Grimentz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seeing if anyone has any recommendations for a local hire shop in Grimentz. Ive tried to contact Val sport but their email bounces back.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val Sports is indeed the best option. Maybe try giving them a call? They also have an online reservation system. Let me know if you are still struggling and what your specific query is, I know people in the village and will also be there myself on Thursday so will be able to get a reply to whatever question you have.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zikomo wrote:
Val Sports is indeed the best option. Maybe try giving them a call? They also have an online reservation system. Let me know if you are still struggling and what your specific query is, I know people in the village and will also be there myself on Thursday so will be able to get a reply to whatever question you have.

All sorted thank you - didnt click the bit on the website that says rent!

Thank you for your offer though - hows the snow? Also, I’m driving from Geneva would you recommend snow chains? I have socks for the car
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tjhodgson145, The road up to Grimentz is generally well looked after if there's snow about, however if you need to drive higher up than the end of the Post Bus route (ie above the telecabine) then the roads can be more difficult. I only ever drive up with snow tyres on the car and carry chains; but rarely use them. The road does have quite reputation for being narrow and has some large drops off the edges but I'm sure you'll be fine. As@zikomo, says Val Sports is very good. I've heard that the snow is fantastic at the moment there was a large dump on Monday, and all of the runs are open. The off-piste will remain excellent too I'm sure.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rareperk wrote:
@tjhodgson145, The road up to Grimentz is generally well looked after if there's snow about, however if you need to drive higher up than the end of the Post Bus route (ie above the telecabine) then the roads can be more difficult. I only ever drive up with snow tyres on the car and carry chains; but rarely use them. The road does have quite reputation for being narrow and has some large drops off the edges but I'm sure you'll be fine. As@zikomo, says Val Sports is very good. I've heard that the snow is fantastic at the moment there was a large dump on Monday, and all of the runs are open. The off-piste will remain excellent too I'm sure.

Amazing thank you - we’re driving to a chalet so could be higher like you say. However, i last used the socks in Andorra and they were very effective. Ive found some chains in a charity shop for a £5er so will take them with me just in case.

Thanks!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tjhodgson145, It is warm this week, roads will be clear. It is a stunning drive!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy