Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi rate SZG to Schaldmin (90km)?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Anyone had experience of jumping in a taxi from SZG to somewhere like Schladming or equivalent distance? We've had 2 pull out of our initial 4 which is making transfer trickier to sort. We're getting train back but need to speed it there for an afternoon on the slopes.
It will be a Wednesday morning which might help?

I think our issue with pre-booking is that we;re only 2 so might have to wait for other to arrive unless we go proper private, which is a fair whack!

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure the taxi driver last year tried to get us to go with him for 100e as he was driving us to train station, but my memory is a bit hazy on that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Disaster, pretty sure it's cheaper if you pre-book, e.g. www.habersatter-reisen.at charge €45 per person for a single journey. It's around €140 I think if you grab an unbooked taxi from outside the airport.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info, yes I think I've checked that site and it's probably our best option. Just need to check the group situation as it's pointless us waiting too long and missing an afternoon on the slopes. We'd take the train that case.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Taxi outside the airport to my guesthouse in Radstadt is €130 for 8, Schladming is +20 mins/km. Use a shared transfer, it will be faster than the train even if you have to wait, plus, you need to get to/from the train station and dragging wheeled bags is almost impossible across snow/grit. hth. Ange
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or - check Flixbus - it stops in Schladming and is a fiver to Radstadt - a bit more to Schladming - but its direct (stops at Radstadt). hth2 Ange
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@flangesax, Can you catch the Flixbus at the airport? If so where is the stop?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No. It is at the train station, you need to take a bus from the airport to the train station. Ange.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@flangesax, Ok, thanks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flixbus is a good shout but not the time we need. cheers!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cad99uk, it's also the back entrance to the station (Schallmoos – Lastenstraße). Turn left at the top of the stairs/lift and it's about 80m down on the opposite side of the road.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@queenie pretty please, Thanks. Could come in handy if the trains are screwed.

Last time it was a train and two buses to get to Schladming. The snow was awsome though when we got there. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just fire an inquirey off to one of the taxi compamys, they'll give you the rate for two..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cad99uk, the trains are fine now. There was some disruption due to avalanches on the lines during the mega snow event, but it was sorted within two weeks and they refunded me the bulk of my season ticket cost for the month. Can't argue with that!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@queenie pretty please, Indeed. It was fixed for our return journey. Have to say the rail replacement buses were like clockwork. Only half an hour later than planned into Schladming.
snow report
@cad99uk, it was a bit manic on the day it all kicked off. There were about 400 people waiting at Golling-Abtenau for the bus connection to Bischofshofen. One solitary bus turned up to start with! But it was all very good natured. The station staff offered everyone the use of their free hot drinks machine and a bizarre woman with heavy shopping bags wandered round offering everyone raw carrots in case they were hungry!

Only in Austria... Very Happy
ski holidays
No carrots for us although there was an apres party on one of the buses.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy