Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedots without the dots. Likey or no likey?

Whitedots without the Dots
Likey
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
No likey
56%
 56%  [ 57 ]
Whatevs
23%
 23%  [ 24 ]
Voted : 101
Total Votes : 101

Poster: A snowHead

Not the best of pics as the lower colour is actually purple (the orange/purple of the Altum 94 is specially for scarlet).

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 10-02-19 14:26; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How much for 167’s with my binding of my zero ones? Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like them
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, I wouldn't have gone with the grey though, that's just boring NehNeh

Yesterday I was discussing these Kenjas: https://www.voelkl.com/en/products/skis/freeride/kenja-3239/ which IMO are some of the dullest topsheets I've ever seen. The Whitedots are an improvement on those, and I don't mind the orange ones, but I think overall I prefer the 2017 design (more than my 2016s too).

At least the white ones went in the bin, after a bit of “user feedback”. Ahem. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not convinced, but prob won't stop me keeping a eye on a pair of altum 94 Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, Oh, and the purple cast is off now, so I should be good to take advantage of tomorrow's powder day Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
“No likey “
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitedotless
Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Prefer with, it’s the brand logo I don’t personally see why they’d not want to retain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Until now Whitedots have really stood out: approach a mountain bar with a couple of pairs in the rack and U just see them instantly. That's no small achievement when there's so much competition for attention.

It does seem a bit weird that they would throw out such a well established 'trademark look' for the sake of something so generic [imho].

I'd hazard a guess one or two folk have commented along the lines "Like the way they ride mate but wouldn't buy them for the look" and it's been taken to heart, forgetting the [hundreds/thousands? of] people who know and love, or at the very least know and recognise Whitedot by that very look.

I'm just glad I managed to bag the prototype ASBO's in their r&d camouflage - they may not look like Whitedots per sé but at least they stand out like them. First time I rode them, in Chamonix at the end of last season, we were sat outside the cafe on Grand Montets overhearing people talking about them who had noticed them in the rack.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 31-12-18 19:57; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dabber, @anarchicsaltire, @Markymark29, @admin, +1
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm conflicted.

I've never been a fan of the top sheet style, but at least they stand out

In that photo they just look bland and you'll neither see them in the rack, nor will people look in wonder at what they are.

Think of all the skis on the market in the last 10 years and tell me of a top sheet you remember well.

- Rosi 9S gold and black
- The atomic chequered flag scheme
- Factions range
- Kastles range
- And of course the Dots

Everything else is pretty forgettable to me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh and black crows stand out you can see a mile off too
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Think of all the skis on the market in the last 10 years and tell me of a top sheet you remember well.
Icelantic.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, nice top sheets, but I dont think I'd recognise the brand in a rack walking past, and I'd not know them instantly from many of the other main stream top sheets on the market
ski holidays
Just to add - I think the 2018 Ragnarok and R98’s are possibly the best looking ski I’ve seen, and definitely owned. Some of the BC’s and Factions look great but the WD’s stand out....DPS also look cool on the snow but battered and used WD’s are my favourites.

That said I’ll probs buy in time, and voted neutrally because I’ll warm to them - but it’ll be a while, myself and MRSMM29 have 3 unridden pairs to wear out yet!
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Indeed, I had a pair of Pilgrims for many years. I didn’t like the top sheet and prefer my R98s now but the Pilgrims were good skis.
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
@rob@rar, nice top sheets, but I dont think I'd recognise the brand in a rack walking past, and I'd not know them instantly from many of the other main stream top sheets on the market
Blimey, I would. Very distinctive. It's been a long time since I skied any, and I hated them, but I think I'd recognise them from a distance!

My preference would be for dots on Whitedots.
latest report
I'm conflicted - last year's design definitely stands out more, but this year's design is on my new skis - what's not to like?!! A few stickers might help Cool
snow report
It has to have dots!
snow conditions
They have to have dots period. Toofy Grin
snow report
I appreciated the un-pretty top sheet designs as affirmation that our appreciation of the skis' quality and performance outweighs our subservience to the fashion police
snow report
Laughing
snow report
As Ive not been using my Preacher Carbonlites as much as I'd like I was actually (god forbid!) thinking of reducing my quiver by one. The move to lose the (ahem...) white dots, has convinced me I need to keep these beauties!

So tomorrow, off with the Rottefella NTN Freedom telemark bindings and on with some alpines that will encourage me to use more often!

Roll on my first trip this year in two weeks, and with any luck there will be some fresh snow to play in and some suitable ski racks to flaunt my ubiquitous 'White dots' snowHead
ski holidays
Like. Not a fan of jazzy skis, more bothered about what they'll feel like under my feet - whitedots are in contention for my backcountry purchase this summer (avec shifts).
snow conditions
Like. Have been a huge fan of Volkls recent minimalist designs. The graphics of the 2015 Gotamas are my favourite of all time.

Also like Black Crows minimalist attitude, they are into brand and do it well.
ski holidays
Black Crows seem to be everywhere these days. Now I know a lot is down to big marketing spend and dustribution but clearly punters aren't being put off by their distinct visual identity.
snow report
I'm somewhere in the middle (like the new skis, but leaning towards still having dots). I have a range over the years and as the dots became smaller the look of the ski got better imho.
I really like the look of my 2017/18 Ragnarok CLs. I also liked my first generation redeemer CLs where the dots were black on black so a bit more subtle.Maybe this is a good compromise for the non-dot fans?

There's not a ton of Whitedots out this way, but certainly the appearance (dotted versions I have) gets a lot of comments and attention so must be doing something right there.

Main thing though is what's under the topsheet, and so long as that continues to be good, I'm happy snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stuarth, +1 esp regards the Rags, they’re awesome.
ski holidays

So Santa arrived a bit later than expected, but better late than never. And I really like the topsheet - there's far more texture than you can see in most pictures which really lifts them. I think this pic shows it quite well, but it's still more visible in the flesh.

(Altum 94's mounted with Shifts)
ski holidays
@Tom Doc, Nice asbos!
snow conditions
adithorp wrote:
@Tom Doc, Nice asbos!

Thanks mate, can't wait to ski them!
ski holidays
ski holidays
They look great ^^
latest report
adithorp wrote:
Nice asbos!

The Altum 114's are the ASBO's. The Altum 94 are it's skinnier younger brother which I call the Delinquents
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
They look great ^^

They look even better in my house!

(And they'll look better still with snow under them) Cool
snow conditions
Love the new look of the White Dots, they've been on the radar for a while but I couldn't go near them as the dots made my eyes go all funny. Top sheets look very clean
latest report
beenative wrote:
......I couldn't go near them as the dots made my eyes go all funny......

Howdya think I feel after looking at a wall of them in my shop for the last seven years!
snow report
@spyderjon, fair point!
snow report
never though the aethestics of WDs were their strong point TBH. New designs are fine but not exciting. Don't they look a bit like DPS?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy