Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for someone to ski with, Les Arcs, 3rd to 8th Feb.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Looking for someone to ski with, Les Arcs, Sun 3rd to Fri 8th Feb.
Would anyone like to hook up to ski with me please? Or any tips please? I’m based in Arc 1800, on my own. 1st time at Les Arcs, trying it out for a possible family trip later. I am an intermediate skier, mostly blues and reds. Used to ski before kids. Back now for 4th year since the break. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi. I'm back in 1800 late on 2nd Feb with my partner and one of her friends and would be pleased to show you around Arc. We ski the full resort. Some long days, some short ones. Send me a pm. Ken
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I too am in Les Arcs (1800) skiing from 3rd Feb, for 6 days and will possibly be on my own (Lady F will be there, but not skiing this year).....a friend is planning to come out in his RV to park up in BSM, but he is still trying to get it fixed. He should have been there by now.

Either way, I'm happy to meet up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Old Fartbag, @ipken,
That's great! Thanks! Ken and Mr F.
I'm new to the forum and I am really impressed. Lovely to have the responses.
It's given me (and my wife!) much more confidence from a safety point of view.
I'll get back soon on direct messages.
Sean.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gonna be there for the same week with my 28 years old son.
We are both intermediate skiers, been to Les Arcs before.
I plan to ski all day long, intending to cover as much between the trees mileage as possible. Had enough deserted mountain pistes this winter.
Will love to ski together, guys Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I feel a Snowhead Posse coming together.

Anybody staying at the Golf Hotel?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Old Fartbag, yes, looks like a possible snowHeads get-together. I'm in Belles Challes, one of the original blocks of shoeboxes in Charvet a short walk from the Golf.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair wrote:
@Old Fartbag, yes, looks like a possible snowHeads get-together. I'm in Belles Challes, one of the original blocks of shoeboxes in Charvet a short walk from the Golf.

I think it was there that I stayed, in the mid 80s, with the soon to be Lady F. It was her first holiday, so went to Les Arcs, as they taught Ski Evolutif, which I thought would be easier to learn.

(There is no row, that quite matches that, which happens on a ski slope, between a keen [trying to be helpful] Boyfriend and his nervous and angry [as hell] Partner).

I was wondering what I was going to do, if I found myself as a solo skier.....this is now looking up.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 19-01-19 9:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Old Fartbag, I also first learnt to ski in the mid-late 80s using Ski Evolutif. I know I stayed in this building in the late 80s; I don't think it's changed much!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@drporat, Thanks for posting back. Yes, yes! Very happy to get us all together. This is really turning out splendidly! Where will you be staying @drporat,? Already been in touch with @Alastair, via another thread. I will be staying at Grand Arbois. 18 On the www village map, by the road up opposite parking P6. It looks close to Le Charvet. Probably using the Vagere lift, though I'm not sure how I get up to it yet from my place. I'll hope for an easy 1st day Sunday - aiming for a slow restaurant lunch at Villaroger. From Monday though, I intend to only stop skiing for picnic or toilet till the sun goes down. Anyone fancy getting together for a lunch on the Sunday 3rd? I’m looking at Restaurant Goyet or La Ferme at Villaroger.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be staying in Le Belmont, will send you a PM with my details. I am a strong believer in Whatsapp NehNeh
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@drporat, Ta. Oh.... the Belmont was one I intended to check out for a family trip next year. I had seen it on pierreetvacances. Looks like a nice run down to the Transarc from your door. A whatsapp group sounds like a great idea.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can't thank @Alastair, @Old Fartbag, @ipken, enough for making my trip to Les Arcs so fantastic.

Thanks is just not enough, but thank you!

@Alastair... For sharing your detailed area knowledge, giving your time to show us your playground and being such fabulous company.
@Old Fartbag for your tips and demonstration of the true grace of skiing, the kindness and patience you showed to me, and your fabulous company.
@ipken, for your time in showing us the fun skiing we could find in a full day's white out, your generousity with your time and you and your wife's fabulous company.

Great to meet you @drporat, and your son. Past half way through my week. Hope we see you and your son again before Sat.
Easily the best time on skis I have had.
So grateful!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds like a very successful initial post. Well done to those socially minded SH's. Has given me food for thought. I am looking at a possible trip around 16th March- only really tied to dates and Stansted departure. Destination - anywhere with decent conditions. If it happens it would be my first solo trip and I had reservations about that possibility but this shows what can happen through this forum. Will continue exploring options with renewed optimism!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@broadsman, go to Salzburg, book into Flangesax's place - you won't be short of skiing companions
ski holidays
That sounds like somewhere I shouldn't even google let alone stay! (but I'm going to anyway)
snow report
Oh it was genuine
snow conditions
@Sriches, a big 'thank you' for your company last week and the accompanying entertainment(!). Good to meet @ipken and another big thank you to @Old Fartbag for his company and hints and tips.

Hope to see you all again soon!
latest report
Back in the UK “adjusting”. That was easily the best week of skiing for me. @Alastair & @Old Fartbag made the trip.
My plan was to check out the Arcs for a possible trip with family. All 3 of us have conflicting requirements. I am now sure Arc 1800 will be a magical time for all of us. So that’s where we shall head next season. Another year, when my daughter progresses, La Plange will be an option for us with Belle Plagne our 1st choice of base.
Till next season... tick, tick....
snow conditions
Thank you all for your kind comments.....and meeting my first Snowheads was indeed a pleasure.

The reality though, is that you all did me a favour...for without this thread, I would have been skiing on my own, as my friend didn't make it out.

As it was, a combination of great weather, fantastic snow and excellent company, made it a holiday to remember.

So to @Sriches, @Alastair, @ipken (and his lovely partner), @drporat, I wish you all well and hope those lucky enough to be based out there for the rest of the season, get in some great skiing.

Take care....and next season is only round the corner.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy