Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, hoping everyone is enjoying the season so far . Looking for a late cheeky weekend at the end of March 2019 and quite liked the look of La Clusaz. Looks about the closest resort to Geneva airport, with a quick transfer time. We are a mid fifties couple looking for some easy blue cruising, with the odd red thrown in to get the pulse up! Any advice on the resort or transfers,places to eat,and ski etc, most welcome. Also any other resorts within easy distance from Geneva that are recommended would be good ( we have been to Morzine and Samoen, so fancy a change) thank all
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
start at https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=140275
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Having spent time in La Clusaz and neighbouring Le Grand Bornand if I was just doing a weekend I think I'd go for Le Grand Bornand. I think the ski area is less spread out and you spend less time getting to places and more time skiing. If the snow is good then staying in Le Grand Bornand itself will be fine and give you a bigger range of places to eat in the evening. Alternatively stay up the road at Chainillon and you're right in the middle of the lifts and don't have to get back down to LGB at the end of the day - that's what we tend to do but we always have a car so can be more flexible.

Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll have a great time - it's a lovely part of the world (that's why we've been going back there for over 10 years)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Apologies for the late reply, thanks to you both for your advice, much appreciated, thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Clusaz would be perfect for a weekend trip. Been twice before and stayed at Les Grandes Aples apartments. Nice areas for cruising would be Beauregard, Mainigod and Etale. Balme has the steeper, bit more challenging runs. It is a beautiful little town. We love it and will def return.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Clusaz is great. Yes it is a bit spread out but the bus service is great and you can connect from the lift system.

If you are after cheap and chearful accomodation, the the campsite at CapFun is great. It's not canvas camping Wink you can be flexible with the dates you want, not just have to stay weeks as other accomodation insists. Have a look https://www.capfun.co.uk/campsite-france-rhone_alpes-plan_fernuy-EN.html

It has a lot of north facing slopes as well so keeps the snow very well. When we went in late march last year it was very odd, we drove in to the town looking at the south facing slopes, no snow to be seen, yet turn your head the other way and lots and lots of white cold stuff Smile

Also, do a search on here for La Clasaz and you'll find loads of great info Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jim, co-presenter of The Ski Podcast, is living in La Clusaz now. He did a useful review of the resort in E29 of the podcast
http://theskipodcast.com/winter-olympics/e29-eddie-the-eagle-interview-la-clusaz-folie-douce-chamonix/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy