Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a ski buddy

Poster: A snowHead
I’m a 55 year old male advanced/expert skier looking for someone to go away with. My usual buddy can’t make it this year and I do not want to waste all that lovely snow that’s out there.
I live in County Durham so looking at flying from Newcastle but flexible on airports.
If anybody wants to go I’m open to resort options
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello mate. I'm in County Durham, similar problem - my mate's gone with his Mrs and son as its his 50th! Got away to Morzine for 5 days in Jan but got a week spare 2-9th March - I'm 51 have skied for 30 yrs, legs slowing me down a bit now but generally still ski anything on piste (off a bit tiring now lol).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi buddy
Wow somebody local, I can’t believe it.
The 2nd of March was the date I would like to go (what a coincidence).
I’m up for it if you are.
My legs are slowing me down as well haha.
Any idea where you would like to go and what sort of budget?
If you want to go I’m in.
Kev
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm from the other end of the country in Devon but could be tempted to join you guys as I am in the same boat. I am also the wrong side of 50, but it's just a number!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Paul the more the merrier just let us know where you would like to go and what sort of budget.
Kev
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Paul Chelski, hi Paul , I too am in Devon,Teignmouth to be precise , and would be looking to go somewhere after half term as it's cheaper and less crowded.Mike
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like you got a buddy to go with Paul
Kev
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Paul Chelski, have you found somebody to go with , asking because I too am in Devon and still
Looking. Mike
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have done the spade work fot a trip to Pas de la Casa in Andorra with a friend who is stalling on confirming. I have told him I have to know by the weekend. Trying to do it on a budget!! Could be an apartment for four available if that grabs you. Will update after the weekend.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi thanks for getting back to me.I have been to Andorra many years ago and find it not challenging enough.if for any reason your plans fall through I would be keen on France,Italy or Austria.Flights from the southwest are expensive and I have found the cheapest way is to drive but you need at least three to make it economical.I have driven to Austria many times but at present I don't have a suitable vehicle.mike
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike1958 I'm in the same situation as you, (see earlier post) would ideally like to go on the 2nd March to one of the bigger ski areas in France or Austria in a catered chalet or similar. Intermediate/advanced male skier 50 years old from the South East. Paul
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi guys, I am planning one week in Austria from March 9, intending to go to Soll (flying to Munchen).
51 years old male skier, enjoying red pistes and skiing from 9 till apres ski. Definitely not a party animal.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’m booked for Soll also March 9th.
Where are you staying and how are you getting the transfer from Munich airport
Kev
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skier100, I haven't booked yet, waiting to find at least one more to come along. My friends don't ski anymore.
In the worst case scenario I'll go alone, YOLO. I addressed derbysky, I need more info regarding recommended guesthouse and best locations.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok I’ll text him now to see if has read it
He has told me the guesthouse is nice
Where do you live?
snow report
There's a chance that my place on the gnarbug bash might be going v cheap at last minute.
I'm similar to op, 53, advanced / expert, living in the NE
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, i've read about it. Sorry you can't make it.
And I love red pistes.
Unfortunately the week of 9 is the only one that's available for me
snow conditions
@Walkie1066, hi there
Have you got anything sorted ,if not would you consider sharing a trip on the 2nd March
Mike
ski holidays
Mike, nope nothing sorted yet would be more than happy to share a room. As I said preferably catered in a largest ski area but I'm not too fussy, budget is flexible but probably wouldn't want to go much more than about 600ish mark.
latest report
@Walkie1066, We are definitely thinking along the same lines, maybe you could give me a call on 0797 9595147 when it is convenient .mike
snow report
Okay Mike, I'm really busy at work today but go on leave tomorrow (I'm a naval chef) so will call you over the weekend.
snow report
Hi all snowheads , good intermediate 59 year old male looking for ski buddy march 16/17 for seven nights ,booked time of work but not booked anything yet ,trying to avoid the single supplement looking at Austria france italy Andora i like large pistes somewhere to explore not the same runs day after day trying to get min of half board or reasonable restaurants nearby trying to get by on budget of £750 including lift pass .live in wolverhampton so airport not fussy Birmingham Manchester Liverpool even London Luton
snow conditions
@mike1958, hi Mike, bit of a mad weekend getting home (to Hastings) and catching up with friends etc, but will definitely call you tomorrow (Monday).
ski holidays
@sedwom, I’m also looking to go the week of the 16th March, ideally a larger resort. Normally go to France but would like to try Austria too. Prefer catered chalet or half board. Live near Bristol, 49yr old, intermediate skier.
ski holidays
@damobloke1, @damobloke1,

I am hoping to go to Austria mid march maybe Saalbach for a few days. My option fly Dublin Munich hire a car unfortunately my friends have work commitments
snow conditions
9th March any good we are going to Soll, for a week and have hired a car, we are flying from Manchester to Munich
snow conditions
damobloke1 wrote:
@sedwom, I’m also looking to go the week of the 16th March, ideally a larger resort. Normally go to France but would like to try Austria too. Prefer catered chalet or half board. Live near Bristol, 49yr old, intermediate skier.

Hi, we have room in our catered chalet in Méribel from the 17th March. We are looking for £850 inc one flight from Manchester and skis and boots, having paid £1150 for the chalet alone. Could make it a twin room if anyone else was interested?
ski holidays
@skier100, hello mate - apologies, I got busy at work and missed your message - then committed to some work stuff the spare week I had! Good to see you got sorted and to know there is someone local for next time. Enjoy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you are still looking for something @mike1958, I am now going on the Gnarlbug trip to Gressoney on the 2nd March, picking up another guy, Nick, in Bristol on the way to Gatwick.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy