Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red runs around Oberlech, Zug and Warth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm about to head off to Oberlech for 5 days and am after some advice about the red pisted runs. I'm happier on the "lighter reds" (edit: not too narrow and steep and icy all at the same time) and prefer to avoid surprises. So wondering which runs are on the easier side and which might be a bit too challenging? Specifically:

Zuger side 223, 227, 228, 236, 240
Warth side 267, 258

Otherwise I'll just play on the blues which should be enough to keep me occupied.
Thanks for any local knowledge.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 9-02-19 0:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kmsc_1, Welcome to snowHead
I'm sure that there will be lots of local knowledge along soon to confirm.

But as a general point I'd struggle to define what you call a 'lighter red'. If you're happy on blues after a couple of extra lessons you'll be happy on all shades of red as well. Don't worry about the colours just ski what's in front of you. If you can do a blue you can most likely do a red. And soon after a black as well. In the end you will get caught out by the conditions as much as the colours so don't limit yourself by what's on the ski map.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, yes I guess my wording could have been better, and do take your point about skiing what is there in the conditions. Given enough time I'll get down even if it isn't pretty wink I've been caught out on reds that get a bit too narrow and steep and icy at the same time, so just wanted to know which ones to watch out for. And which ones to enjoy Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No worries, have a great time! and sorry I can't help with those piste numbers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will be fine. There really are no narrow pistes in Oberlech/Warth, on piste it all is pleasantly mellow. And snow is excellent currently, you will love it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s all very encouraging Very Happy Thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The pistes on the Warth side of Warth/Schröcken tend to get fairly fast if there has not been recent soon. Much of Warth is in the shade for most of the day, hence the icy base under the snow. Try to hit them early, while still nicely groomed.

The return run down to the Auenfeldjet tends to get quite bumpy in the afternoon, especially in spring. Take it easy and you will be fine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ulmerhutte,
Pistes in Warth have best snow of the whole Arlberg 99% of time....
And there is a perfectly blue detour from Sonnencruiser via Auenfeld Hütte to get to the Auenfeldlift. No bumbs never.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All runs are wide and pleasurable on thew Warth Schroaeken side. As far as I can remembr there is nothing tight and red (dark red on the Lech/oberlech/Zurs/Zug side either.

Arlberg is a great ski area. Enjoy!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy