Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your Fav Piste !!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
So doesn't have to be the hardest but memorable piste runs

Green St Johann any as this is where it started

Blue Sveral into La Plagne Centre

Red The orange run La Daille /Val/Tinges

Black Poin De Vue Le Grande Montet Chamonix
i think this is not open at moment though due to the lift fire
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ober National. Zermatt. Lovely flowing black, long but not too long!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Green - Are they still a thing?
Blue - 88 under the Asitzbahn towards Leogang (Massively wide and even pitched).
Red - La Tulipe, Les Gets (Possible to tuck from top to bottom on the Stade next to the piste reaching 'terminal velocity' where your clothes stop you accelerating!).
Black - Nord Abfarht (5) down to Zell. Hang about at the Breiteck Alm until dusk and have the whole place to yourself, stopping at the Ebenbergalm for some beers and maybe dinner before heading to town.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any piste that has been bashed then had a good foot or two of snow dumped on it overnight and I'm the first person down it or only person on it Happy
I don't care if its blue red or black if it meets those criteria I'll be whooping like a buffoon with a grin from ear to ear and my trip will be made. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although I spend most of my time most of my skiing time in Sainte Foy and the Haute Tarentaise the best piste i’ve Skied is The Prilett in the little the known ski resort St Luc in the Val d’Anveries it’s a great long red from 3000m perfectly pitched twisting and turning through the woods to a bar close to the resort . a perfect way to finish a DAys skiing .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Blue: Tete Ronde in Val Thorens. Our kids loved it when they were kids and we all still do.

Red: Perhaps the run from Boé down to Corvara. Starting out from Arabba, a couple of short stretches to warm the leg up then this is the first really good blast of the day. Dunno, there's probably better but I'm biased by the past week or so.

Black: I really love the Sasslong in Val Gardena but I think Wengen's Lauberhorn probably has to take it by a neck.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prospect at Northstar.

Not for any other reason than being a mile long empty isolated lap of GS* with a very fast ski straight on chair

*Back in the day when I was skiing every day and therefore ski fit and could bang in laps without stopping.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Green - I think the one in Courchevel where we did GS carving tuition was a green? And it's the only one I'd have skied in the last decade, so it has to be that by definition.

Blue - Alta Badia - most of them (but I do rather like the La Vizza run thru the trees)

Red - Was going to say that it used to be the Melezes run in Les Gets (a long time ago, for the "stadium finish" bit), but opensnowmap claims that's blue. Too many reds to decide from. La Crusc/Santa Croce run claims to be reddy-blue or bluey-red (but I'd have called it blue), and that one is definitely up there as part of the whole day experience.

Black - Prefer the Gran Risa GS in Alta Badia to the Sasslong DH in Val Gardena, but Lauberhorn definitely wins on variety (and it was the first WC piste I skied, and it was the first black that I skied that's still graded black, and it was fun getting the full start hut treatment too Smile snowHead ).

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 11-02-19 18:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fontaine Froid. la Rosiere.
Howling white out kept everyone off the mountain but we decided to try and get to Fontaine Froid as the Web site showed it was running.
About 200m into the run we dropped through the cloud, sheltered from the wind and a foot of fresh on a bashed base. There was only about 8 of us on it for the next 2 hrs.
It gets no better than that
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Rob Mackley, I was only there for a couple of days last year and unfortunately that lift was closed due to snow and winds both days. I need to go back sometime to do that one.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maceman wrote:

Red The orange run La Daille /Val/Tinges

Good choice that... and it takes you past Le Triffolet for lunch or a drink.

Same resort, Val D'Isere, a favourite is the red run 'Fontaine Froide'.... short by Val standards but a very enjoyable start to the day. Wide but enjoyably steep with nice varying pitch - and can then take the short and cold chair back up to ski Orange etc or Face.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Green - Only one I can remember is through the centre of Courchevel, Jardin something, that's pleasant enough

Blue - Can quite happily lap Tete Ronde in VT and Mont Blanc in La Plagne is nice bar one little section.

Red - There's a run in Livigno from top to bottom of the Mottolino gondola, hit that at the right time and it's glorious.

Black - I don't really ski enough of them to form an opinion but there's one in Alleghe down to Palafavera that opens to a really wide blue that was fun at the PreBB.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blues - any of the lovely wide ones in Trysil (so pretty), and 92/93 in Leogang (so long and gorgeous).

Red - Ki West, Westendorf (first time I actually skied a red rather than slid down one swearing)

Black - Dave Murray Downhill, Whistler (so comforting and smooth after the lumps and bumps elsewhere!)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Early morning and freshly bashed, La Face takes some beating.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cervinia, Italy
20-kilometre red run

Access one of the world's longest ski runs from the Klein Matterhorn, also known as the Piccolo Cervino. Europe's highest cable car whisks you up onto the Klein Matterhorn over gigantic glacial crevasses. From its lofty height of 3,883 metres, take an epic 20-kilometre descent down red runs to Valtournenche at 1,524 metres, Cervinia's lift-linked neighbour. Alternatively, from the Klein Matterhorn, you can ski the 13-kilometre descent down into Zermatt, Switzerland. Whichever direction you choose - Cervinia or Zermatt - this is one heck of a run which begins with enormous glacial fields and drops into steeper mogulled terrain. Due to its altitude, the ski runs from the Klein Matterhorn are consistently skiable from late November to mid-April.

taken from https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/107281/the-longest-ski-runs-in-the-alps
ski holidays
These would probably change every time you asked me, but:

Green: Genepy in Val d'Isere. Gentle, wide and quiet. Hi enough to have good views.
Blue: Rollercoaster in Mount Snow. Rollers and banked turns.
Red: Val d'Isere Glacier run on skier's right. Quiet. Get some speed up at the start, then just stay tucked until you turn the corner back towards the chair.
Black: Something on the back of Alpe d'Huez (I was too scared to attempt the tunnel)
snow report
Dantercepes - val gardens. First time is chucked a 360 heli (by accident).

Jerusalem - st m de bell 3 vallees. Epic cruising run.

suisses - courchevel 1850. - me and my girls love it as a warm up run while Mrs A gets her boots on.

Birds of prey - beaver creak. Honeymoon.

Combe de saulire, but all the way down under 1850 and to le praz non stop. Best last run of the day or week if you time it right.
ski holidays
Green - Marvel in Morillon Gand Massif - anyone who's done it surely wouldn't choose anything else?
Blue - Jerusalem for me too, 3V ST martin
Red - Red 60 down into Red 75 on Rastkogel in Mayrhofen - the drop into the valley is lovely
Black - Don't do many so Le Face in Val d'Isere is the most challenging I guess!
snow report
This is good fun (choices will probably have changed by tomorrow!):

Green: Route du Tour from Col de La Madelaine into St Francois Longchamp linked to Valmorel.

Blue: Engstlenalp runs at Engelberg - three or four very different ways down. Honourable mention for Galaxy at Heavenly.

Red: Urdenfurggli at Lenzerheide - wide and steep and empty if you time it right.

Black: Carmennaberg at Arosa - narrow, steep and empty if you time it right.

Itinerary: Rotegg at Engelberg - the character of the run changes every day as conditions change.
snow report
Green - another vote for Genepy in Val d'Isere - long fast cruise, great for big turns and often empty all the way down to Fountaine Froid lift.
Blue - Sunshine Coast in Goats Eye, Sunshine Village, Banff. Could lap it for hours
Red - Orange/OK Val d'Isere - this gets my favourite overall piste award.
Black - Men's Downhill, Lake Louise, especially if skied from the Top of the World lift, down the whole downhill course to the base (most of it is actually a blue run, but long and fun)
snow report
The black under the Cime de Caron in Val Thorens for a serious hoon.

The red down from Plateau Rosa to Valtournenche in Cervinia for a 20 km carving exercise.
latest report
Blue: the entire run down to St Martin de Belleville in 3V - it’s made up of a bunch of different short blues including some funky terrain for learners - just cruise it and lots of fun bits of side piste. You can even jump off a hut (which I didn’t because I was tooo scared)

Red: Jean Pachod in Courchevel. Always empty. Wide. Big turns. Ends up at a lift which NEVER has a queue

Black: Le Diable in L2A - relentless. Different every day or Chavenettes in PDS - amazing the first time (it had snowed) an absolute nightmare the second time it hadn’t (mountain goat stuff)
snow report
Green - almost another vote for Marvel into Morillon, but the beautiful long Liaison Saisies-Crest Voland (they could've given it a better name!) in the Espace Diamant possibly pushes it into 2nd place.

Blue - Cascades from Flaine to Sixt (I know some people hate it!).

Red - no. 12 in Pejo, from the top of the cable car at 3000m all the way down a deserted valley. Or Epaule in St Gervais. Or no. 11 in the SkiWelt, into Brixen from the Westerndorf side.

Black - Bellecote or Rochu in the La Plagne glacier sector. Suspect some of the Alpe d'Huez classics would have been up there if they'd been open when we were there!

Scenery seems to be a bigger factor than the piste itself, for me. Plenty more out there to challenge my favourites though! Very Happy
ski holidays
Blue: 11 from Birg to Riggli in Murren
Red with an easy black to start: The 12km Parsenn to Kublis from the Weisfluhgipfel in Davos
Black: Lauberhorn, Wengen and Kandahar, Garmisch.
latest report
Green: Genepy in Val d’Isere
Blue: Piste 68 in Saalbach. A dream of a run in fresh snow.
Red: Jerusalem to St Martin de Belleville*
Black: has to be La Face de Bellevarde in Val

*i think that’s a red, if not then I’ll have Arcelle in Val d’Isere, fab for a non-stop, top to bottom blast.
snow conditions
@HoneyBunny, Jerusalem was a red, but now it’s a blue, after they put an alternative gentler way down in at the top. The steep at the top is still there and is a red section, but they’ve renamed it Cheferie.
snow report
Quote:

@HoneyBunny, Jerusalem was a red, but now it’s a blue, after they put an alternative gentler way down in at the top. The steep at the top is still there and is a red section, but they’ve renamed it Cheferie.

Glad you said that, I missed the Cheferie bit this year. I was decidedly underwhelmed by my “favourite” Jerusalem piste this year ... partly because of the blue run in, but more because the access has been so improved that the piste was so crowded ... which makes be realise that the reason some pistes can be so nice is that they are deserted and you have the run to yourselves.

In the 3Vs, I like the Chapettes red on the far side of 1650 and Christine above VT. The top half of the Sarenne in ADH is lovely ... the bottom is very dependent on conditions.
ski holidays
Green - Marvel in Morillon. Long, winding, undulating and interesting. Great views too!

Blue - Abricotine in Avoriaz purely for it's length and views when it runs along that ridge near the top.

andy wrote:
Red - Was going to say that it used to be the Melezes run in Les Gets (a long time ago, for the "stadium finish" bit), but opensnowmap claims that's blue.

Melezes is my favourite red, skied it last week and opensnowmap must have it wrong. It's definitely a red. It's a firm favourite in our family too.

Black - Yeti in Les Gets. That steep start makes the rest of it seem easy and when it's (very rarely) pisted you can fly down it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don`t think I could say. Most of the pistes I have skied I have revisited several times over many years and in varying snow conditions. Differing snow conditions really changes how I feel about them.
snow conditions
Kitzbuheler Horn red 4. As it was cold and a long old 2 man back up no one was doing it.
One of those runs you can pretend your doing a down hill race and gun it all the way (if it's empty obviously).
snow report
As I've only been to the Dolomites, I don't have anything else to compare against. But of the ones I've done.
Blue - easy choice. The long 9A leading down into San Cassiano. Seems to go on forever.
Red - fun red, probably 31 from Santa Croce into Badia. And for crazy fun, any steep red in the afternoon that's been chopped up. Toofy Grin
Black - not done a proper one yet, apart from the very short Carpazza 1 that leads into the Portados red and maybe Savine, the left hand red down from Bec De Roces; which is black on some maps (apparently). A proper black is on my list for the next BB. Maybe Edelweiss would be a good one to start with.
latest report
Blue: Lac Leman (Torgon - Portes du Soleil)
Red: Hidden Valley (Lagazuoi - Cortina)
Black: Olen - V3 (Alagna - Monte Rosa)
snow report
Green: L'Envers in La Clusaz, nothing exciting to note but I like a good suburban return piste through the chalets.
Blue: Serpentine in Flaine. My first piste many years ago.
Red: Le Tsapé from the top of Saint Luc down into Chandolin. Also GBU in Flumet: my home piste, a nice fast drop through the trees and you get to go up the Seigneurs lift again.
Black: Pointe de vue at Grands montets: the view is indeed good.
ski holidays
plasmastorm wrote:
Melezes is my favourite red, skied it last week and opensnowmap must have it wrong. It's definitely a red. It's a firm favourite in our family too.

Oh no I just remembered the St Jean D'Aulps forest circuit. Might have to replace my answer with that, empty reds in the middle of nowhere, absolutely beautiful.
snow conditions
Green Genepi (Val d'Isere) - ride it in switch or carve it top to bottom
Blue Pyramids (Fornet) - always empty, great off the sides
Red Double M (Tignes) - the greatest piste, ever.
Black Face (Val d'Isere) - always a great feeling when it's groomed and you've nailed it, top to bottom.

Many others around Europe come close, but these are my favourites.
snow conditions
Blue, the long usually mougled decent in Saalbach that goes down into Vordaglen.

Red, Zwolferkogel North Decent

Black, Birgitzköpfl in Axamer Lizum
snow conditions
Green Traverse in Glencoe (heading for pie and beans in the cafe)

Blue Run 38 from Duca D'Aosta in Cortina through the woods to finish at that nice cafe.

Red Boe to Corvara

Black "The Flypaper" in Glencoe or the Vulcano in Buffaure on way to Pozza di Fassa
snow report
Red: Double M, Tignes. It's where I spent most of my second week's skiing, so it's where I learned to ski.

Otherwise, any piste with snow on it... but I will give a particular mention to the blacks up the Col des Ves in Tignes - never anybody there, and for the entirety of the Ski Juwel resort for being miles of wide reds with nobody on them - and no out-of-control nutters.
snow conditions
Green - Genepy in Val D'Isere
Blue - Verdons or Mira in La Plagne
Red - Any of the runs from the top of the Derby chair in Les Arcs down towards Vallandry. Especially Belette and Moray.
Black - Face De Bellevarde in Val D'Isere or Le Tunnel in Alpe D'Huez.
snow conditions
Renard blue down to the Derby Chair in Les Arcs/Vallandry
Myrtilles or Moray Red through the trees in Vallandry
Fontaine Froide Red in La Roz
Marvel green in Morillon
The Sarenne black in ADH
Black 5 in La Thuile

And a soft spot for the Bois De La Croiz/Cheval Blanc greens in Valmorel as my daughters took their first turns on them
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy