Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large self-catering chalet needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
15 of us have just returned from a hotel stay in Corvara and have decided to look for a chalet for the 2020 Feb half-term. We'd need 6 or 7 bedrooms.

It needs to be in a decent sized ski resort, 200km minimum with snowpark for the teens and a bit of après for the adults. We don't mind which country.

We've recently done Mayrhofen, Skiwelt and the Dolomites.

Sounds relatively simple, but much harder in practice.

Does anyone have any tips on which websites / companies are worth looking at?

Thanks
Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TopGooner,
Interhome are quite a good, my guess is nowadays airbnb may be useful or resorts own tourist offices can be very useful. Some more than others but email them the request and they will put it around the accommodation providers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm just a bit reluctant to use Airbnb given their owners ability to cancel late in the process, after we have booked flights etc, we'd be stuffed..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@TopGooner,
Fair enough, though sometimes you can identify properties on Airbnb and book them for less elsewhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TopGooner wrote:
I'm just a bit reluctant to use Airbnb given their owners ability to cancel late in the process, after we have booked flights etc, we'd be stuffed..

Yes that was worrying me, I noticed one auto generated review which said host had cancelled 14days before booking!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My friends turned up a place in Scheffau last year and had to cancel on arrival and find a hotel instead because the owner was a nutjob. Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why don't you choose a location and then contact the local Office de Tourisme? Let them do the hard work of matching your requirements and see what they can come up with. I gather TOs vary quite a lot, but in the 4 Valleys, certainly, they seem to know their stuff and they also have good local contacts.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@TopGooner, Go to Chalets Direct. www.chaletsdirect.com

Post your request on their notice board and owners will chase you. Do it today though, plenty of similar requests already on there for that week.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.chalet-les-loups.fr/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wouldn’t touch Airbnb again. Had a booking in Paris cancelled for no apparent reason recently which caused a total headache finding an alternative.
As well as contacting the local tourist office, I’ve found searching in the language of the country you want to go to often throws up some good options. We got a big self catering chalet in Nendaz one half term that way direct from the owner for a really good price.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TopGooner, https://www.chaletsdirect.com/search/default.asp?Resort=strResortName.Flachau&Pax=12&Basis=SC&StartDate=&Duration=7

This one's in a great spot, but get in soon, the week after you has gone already.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks v much - I'll check it out but initial look says 6,800 euros for that week
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TopGooner wrote:
Thanks v much - I'll check it out but initial look says 6,800 euros for that week

True, but that's €340 per person or €40 pppn. Not bad at half term week unless you're paying the whole bill Laughing

If you want a cheap option for those numbers I can recommend http://www.campinglescale.com/?lang=en, Don't be put off by the camping bit. Lots of good cheap apartments (we did one for 12) and although Le GB is not the largest resort your "Aravis" Lift Pass covers La Clusaz too. Their website doesn't go out to your dates yet, but worth thinking about.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for your help... one of the families in the group is 7 people, so we just need to sort out how to share the cost
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/en/rental-accommodation/chalet-emma/?l=278 fits for size, very convenient location, a possibility.

Echo the interhome recommendation, you could try their office in Nendaz. Very helpful, knowledgeable, and worth a direct call to discuss. Many properties there will fit for your numbers so should turn up some possibilities for you.

Specific details for next season may be a little difficult to come by at the moment within the current one, but someone like interhome will help in that respect.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy