Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contesting French speeding ticket?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's best to just pay it and consider it part of the normal costs of a journey to the Alps. I usually budget for the occasional speeding fine in Europe, especially France, it's just like another toll really. I'm sure many people on here have been in the same position. If you want to exercise your need for speed it's best to travel via Germany if it's convenient for your destination, there is still plenty of unrestricted areas of Autobahn there Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm guessing you were in a hire car, as that is the only way the French authorities can find out your details (from the Swiss based hire company - they do have information exchange agreements). You will also likely have a charge on the credit card booked with, for a €50 admin fee for processing the driver query and passing on your details.

Your 'reason' for speeding wouldn't hold any water in a UK court, how confident do you feel about pleading your innocence in French?

Have you paid it yet?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar-shaker. Since May 6th 2017 EU member states are able to obtain UK vehicle ownership information to follow up on speed camera tickets and I know they do from personal experience. Before that date you generally only got fines if you were actually stopped by the police in person.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jw83113 wrote:
@bar-shaker. Since May 6th 2017 EU member states are able to obtain UK vehicle ownership information to follow up on speed camera tickets and I know they do from personal experience. Before that date you generally only got fines if you were actually stopped by the police in person.

I understood that the UK had not signed up for this and had no plans to do so. The problem was the UK law requires that the driver must be identified and most EU countries assume the owner/renter is the driver, unless they prove otherwise.

Have you been nicked by a camera in your UK registered car and traced to your home?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bar shaker wrote:
jw83113 wrote:

I understood that the UK had not signed up for this and had no plans to do so. The problem was the UK law requires that the driver must be identified and most EU countries assume the owner/renter is the driver, unless they prove otherwise.

Have you been nicked by a camera in your UK registered car and traced to your home?

Yes, from a German speed camera, the letter came direct from Germany, it had a photo showing me and the number plate. Fortunately it was only Euro 30 as I was only slightly over the limit (it was through a section of roadworks on the autobahn that had a 100km/h limit).

I believe the UK was one of the last EU countries to sign up to this data sharing arrangement. Not sure whether it will continue if/when the UK leaves the EU but it's definitely in place right now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was done for the 50 Euro admin fee by the hire company for a discretion I was unaware of in France a few summers ago. The police never got in touch. Was wondering was it a scam by the hire co, knowing that it was not likely I would raise the issue with the police if I did not hear from them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have had tickets on our car from Germany and Austria. The German one had a clear photo of the driver. The fines were small so we paid up. As I understand it, you either pay up, or they can if they want take you to court where the penalties will be considerably higher.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy