Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee Side Trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
While in Saas Fee, I want to take a side trip to another resort. Zermatt is the obvious choice since its the next valley over but I am one to not pick the obvious choice. So, I'm looking at Belalp Blatten
and the Aletsch Arena. Does anyone have any experience with either?

I have 6 ski days to work with so some will be in Saas Fee and Saas Grund but I'm curious to try another resort. Thoughts? Belalp Blatten looks to have a nice stout vertical if the snow is in good shape next month.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Belalp is worth a visit as it’s a great freeride area as the entire bowl of the mountain is glacier free so low risk. There are are also some great touring options. The only downsides for me are that it is almost entirely south facing slopes, so it warms up very quickly, and secondly the relatively easy access from Bern, means that it can get busy very quickly after a good snowfall.

I haven’t skied the Aletsch Arena, but I have skied nearby Lotschen, which again is a great freeride and touring area.

You mention Saas-Grund, but nearby Saas-Almagell is also worth a visit if the weather is poor.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the insight. I'd heard Grund was better than Almagell but I'll hit up anything. In part, I'll have a wife and kids in tough who are not as intense about skiing as I am so if one of those will keep them happier, I'll probably lean that way. The vertical at Saas Grund looks great, through.

For Belalp, my thought is to visit mid-week when the crowds should be lighter.

Thank you!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy