Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wintersteiger or Skiman

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All -

I'm considering buying a Winterstieger or Skiman edge tuning machine (cheapest handheld version, but still ~£400). It would be a bit of a luxury because I guess I am only doing about 10-20 pairs of skis a year. But I don't particular enjoy edge tuning by hand - slow, cold (in my garage at least), and not great for the hands. And for me it is slow when I want really sharp edges. Add in the cost of edge quides and regular file replacement and I can almost convince myself it's worth it.

Anyway, any thoughts? Especially from anyone who has one. And which is better? Wintersteiger or Skiman, or something else?

TIA.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a skiman I can let you have for 100 pounds if you want it.

Does a very good job, but I just don't have the need of it any more.

Let me know before next Tuesday as it is with me in Switz and I can bring it back then.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a ‘Stieger and it’s great - even better with the optional fixed edge angle wheel. For increased laziness buy a bare unit (no battery or charger) and with the saving buy a Makita battery / drill / charger set......and buy a set of roto brushes.

Ski race supplies skiracing.co.uk recommended - no connection other than a happy customer
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy