Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech/St. Anton/Flexenbahn ?

Poster: A snowHead
choucas wrote:
In Lech last week. Great skiing with tons of new snow. Skied in Lech, Zürs, Steuben and Warth for 5 days. Great powder every day. Face shots in Warth. Off piste to Schrocken, nice but wind blown in many places. Made the mistake of going to St. Anton on last day (Saturday). Nice snow on Schindlergrat but a total mob scene. Way too many people. Lift system jammed. Long waits. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

I’ve been staying in St Anton the last week and while overall it’s a great place to visit some of the crowded pistes and massive lift lines have put a dampener on things. While some on this forum would say I’m doing it wrong and should be taking a different run or skiing at a different times it is at the end of the day a holiday for me. I don’t want to study all this in detail or get on a bus at stupid am to try and avoid the crowds.

I will say that in the main I haven’t seen too much dangerous skiing which is one positive.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ulmerhutte wrote:
shiva_71 wrote:
Sounds great! Maybe I'll just not bother with St. Anton at all...

Good decision, Shiva. You don’t need St Anton... and St Anton does not need you. You will be happy in Lech.

Yeah yeah, I get it (yawn) only *real* skiers are good enough to enjoy St. Anton and if you dont it is your fault and you are some kind of skiing idiot. See my post about what i think it takes to enjoy St. Anton (good snow; extensive knowledge of area; €1k worth of avi gear; equally competent ski buddies etc etc...), heck yeah id love that but when I have limited time, even more limited cash, the chances of ticking all the boxes are low - at least for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ulmerhutte,
I already said I’m sceptical. Very Happy Maybe they should have stayed with their old strategy: stick to inconnectedness.
Apart from that: I used to view ‘locals opinions’ like absolute fact too.
Learned that that is nonsense. Think about ‘locals’ at home. They are often very wrong too. They often know just as little as you and me.
Too much hearsay, gossip and fake news all around the world.
Looks like your analysis of Lech is also made up in St.Anton....it’s very wrong. Simple look at the number of 4/5 star hotels and their prices will tell you the facts, instead of locals’ guesses. Moreover, the daily flood of skiers is obviously going west, not east. Who is needing who?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Langerzug, so, if you are not getting your information from locals, from where is it coming? Are you making it up, just like Warth pistes are the best in the Arlberg 99% of the time.

Your logic has completely deserted you on the last sentence. Read it again and think about what it is actually saying.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 9-02-19 15:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@shiva_71, did I upset you by agreeing with you? Diddums!

You post was good for a laugh. You could not make up your mind on what it takes to enjoy St Anton.

Enjoy Lech.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ulmerhutte,
No, I’m not
I’m focusing on hotels, you on liftcompanies.
St.Anton hotels are needing the Lech pistes...
But Lech hotels are not needing the St.Anton pistes
It’s the hotels where the bulk of the money is and goes.
Follow the money!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ulmerhutte wrote:
@shiva_71, did I upset you by agreeing with you? Diddums!

You post was good for a laugh. You could not make up your mind on what it takes to enjoy St Anton.

Enjoy Lech.

Umm im very clear on what it would take to enjoy St. Anton. Whats your point?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I take exception at all the crap you’re talking about skiers in Lech. I learned to ski in Lech and the ski school is second to none. My Strolz boots, thank you very much, have lasted me years and are as comfy as slippers. However, now we are reasonable skiers and prefer to stay on piste, we have found better places to ski. The runs around the Arlberg are typically short in distance. Lech and the Arlberg are a victims of their own success. They have got greedy - very expensive now. It has got busier than it ever used to be. It’s fine having the Flexenbahn but who the heck wants to ski amongst a load of guys hung over from the night before in St.Anton. The skiers there are arrogant and useless
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@shiva_71, if you like the Sella Ronda you will be sorely disappointed by the Arlberg. You can ski Lech/Warth in a day plus all the runs are fairly short.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@erica2004, could it be that your negativity is related to Lech not being cheap. Saying things like ‘they have got greedy’.....
@shiva_71, don’t worry about short pistes, it’s not true. Madloch, Langerzug, Zürsertäli,
Zugerberg are all 4-5 km pistes, and in Lech-Oberlech you can combine so many pistes to dozens of different longer pistes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This thread is going around in circles and hence getting boring.

The Flexenbahn is here to stay.

The Arlberg has moved on; some here have not. Either accept and adapt, or find somewhere new that better meets your desires. Life’s too short to waste on so much negativity about what should be a pleasurable experience.

Over & out on this thread.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There are very few places i think that stack up well against the Sella Ronda, but i would expect the Arlberg to be one of them which is why im going there, to see if it really is as amazing as everyone keeps banging on about Madeye-Smiley
Cheers LZ I'll check out those runs...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ulmerhutte,
You’re naive, and you’re a St.Antonian.
Thinking this is the new status quo is silly.
By chance this weekend Austrian newspaper Die Presse published this article, that rather subtly tells about Lech’s traditional special position, and the recent ‘herausforderung’ (challenge) of the new Flexenbahn, that so many Lech-stammgäste disapprove of.
And since stammgäste=money, Lech will definitely move in some way.
And since Die Presse and Lech have the same targetgroup, and moreover this article is sponsored by Hotel Sonnenburg, whose owners are the pioneers of Oberlech, owners of the Oberlech lifts, and the president of the Austrian Hotelsociety, you should definitely assume political forces are at work.....quite interesting to see this happening....
https://diepresse.com/home/schaufenster/reise/oesterreich/5576424/Arlberg_Lech-Zuers_Gelassen-aber-ganz-schoen-laessig
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Langerzug, err no, I have stayed in The Gasthof Post, The Arlberg, The Kristiania, Salome, Hotel Montana - have been going to Lech for 25 years. I am just saying, they have got greedy. As I have aged
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ctd...I prefer piste skiing. The Dolomites win hands down for variety and length.
snow conditions
@erica2004, but it took you 25 years to say that Lech has short pistes...interesting.
We prefer real snow instead of white serpentines....
Talking about greedy is useless...the market dictates.
We stayed at la Perla in Corvara this summer. They appear rather greedy in winter as well....and found Corvara very unattractive...
snow report
@Langerzug, I do like Lech but we will have to disagree about the run lengths. I don't believe there are many (any?) runs over 2km. In the Dolomites there are many of 5km.
snow conditions
@erica2004, Langerzug, Madloch (2), Zürsertäli, Zuger Hochlicht-Lech (2), Zuger Hochlicht-Zug are all 4-5 km.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy