Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

avalanche victim

Poster: A snowHead
@Grumpzter, Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grumpzter,

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Grumpzter,

What are you suggesting? that the trapped avalanche victim whips out his home made light sabre to make an air hole, or that rescuers carry these devices and make multiple stab holes in the snow? If so what was the stuff about using the jacket about?
I'd personally rather some regularly trained rescuers utilised their avalanche beacons to try and find me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at his previous posts, which are all recommending odd purchases, I suspect he is a spammer!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ecureuil, he was on the EosB.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A torch get hot. These days.
3000 lumin ones. That's a really bright one
The best one have big led chips. That beans the bulb filament is hotter and brighter the bigger it is.
If you get covered in snow. In summer that's unlikely because the sun is like a light bulb.

Are you a NHS worker? By that I mean are you f retard.
The retatds here retreat. Hes gone advance.

NHS work = prick.

That brings the tone down on a victim of a avalanche
Did that big word throw you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big aggressive trolling from someone who writes like they've suffered a major stroke Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grumpzter wrote:
The best one have big led chips. That beans the bulb filament is hotter and brighter the bigger it is.
If you get covered in snow. In summer that's unlikely because the sun is like a light bulb.

NHS work = prick.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Silent hill is on horror channel about 70...
Would anyone agree if in Hawaii IG they breathe in 50 car fumes. Maybe to use a chemical weapon gas to deter people from parking in supermarket car parks
Like vx except vx wats bones so insects like beetle die. Because the have their skeleton on the out side of there body. So mustard gas.
We all live in britian a multi cultural society so to demon straight massively to the world that car pollution is the biggest and most dangerous substance in the world.

Summary. If people don't listen and still park in the car park of all supermarkets in UK. Then mustard gas is release until do under stand.
Crazy but possibly a quintessential brilliant idea.
To save human kind. Or is it to late even for that. Fb says more. Sean CERN Earl's. Open profile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
50 percent.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haha batman begins. Arkham joker style.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's up no reply you 2
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Grumpzter, all your base are belong to us. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grumpzter wrote:

NHS work = prick.

As well as learning some manners you'd do well to learn some basic science concepts too. A torch can get hot, but that doesn't translate into some amazing ability to melt through snow. As an experiment, why don't you try using your torch to melt a single ice-cube? With another ice cub sitting in the dark as a control. Or google how much energy is needed to melt a kg of ice and compare that to how much energy could be stored in the torch battery.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would guess that @Grumpzter is actually a bot rather than a person.
It looks like the responses of an ML algorithm in the early stages of learning but looking for feedback.
snow report
I thought someone said he’d attended a Bash?!
Maybe his account has been hijacked..
snow conditions
I think that was the EsoB thread rather than the actual bash.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138826&start=760#3404639
ski holidays
@ringingmaster, we have established that he is the son of a SH and did attend the bash
latest report
@holidayloverxx, In that case, has someone checked to see if he is OK?
snow report
ringingmaster wrote:
I think that was the EsoB thread rather than the actual bash.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=138826&start=760#3404639

He attended the bash.
snow conditions
@ringingmaster, Mods believe that his dad is aware

Best not to speculate further
snow conditions
@Steilhang, don't get drawn in......
snow report
Super Steezy wrote:
wtf? Why a six month bump?
latest report
hamilton wrote:
so, got caught in an avalanche today. triggered it, not fully buried, but carried 100m or so over a small drop, rocks etc. used airbag, and got lucky.
risk 3, with guide, route had been skied already. midday, but its not spring. helmet was a lifesaver.
will post a few pics, but sadly no video.

lessons....
cover your face
don't use pole straps offpiste
wear a helmet
train with your ski buddies so they don't panic
theres not much time to plan a route

Anyone out there fancy off piste blast?
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Super Steezy wrote:
wtf? Why a six month bump?
Ok, I won't get drawn in...
ski holidays
[quote="hamilton"]

Good to see you with us healthy and in one piece.

I would like to suggest a new product that I invented, Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue, because I am too, afraid of avalanches, and once, I lost a ski while skiing off-piste.
This product was developed out of a need by me, based on my personal skiing experience.

The product is more a service to the powder addicts community that we all are a part of it, and its price hardly covers the manufacturing costs (less than half the price of a daily ski-pass: US$ 35 including shipping).

The Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue device can be better than a transceiver.
The transceiver will give you a zero point, but this might be up to 1 m (3 ft) or more from the buried person, and when you have to move 1 ton of snow to rescue the person, That Means Alive Or Not.

This product will increase the chances of Surviving an Avalanche, or Finding a Lost Ski in Deep Powder.

The concept of this product incorporates 2 small pouches attached to the skiers’ legs. When the ski detaches from the Skier's boot, it will pull out a red strap highly visible.
1) In the Avalanche Rescue mode, it deploys two highly visible Red Straps 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, one strap attached to each leg, noticeable by the rescue team.
2) In the Ski Finder mode if a ski detaches from the boot while powder skiing, a highly visible Red Strap 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, trailing behind the ski, will make it easy for ski retrieval.

If you need additional information, please visit my website: https://www.ski-finder-avalanche-rescue.com
ski holidays

I would like to suggest a new product that I invented, Ski Finder and Avalanche Rescue, because I am too, afraid of avalanches, and once, I lost a ski while skiing off-piste.
This product was developed out of a need by me, based on my personal skiing experience.

The product is more a service to the powder addicts community that we all are a part of it, and its price hardly covers the manufacturing costs (less than half the price of a daily ski-pass: US$ 35 including shipping).

The transceiver will give you a zero point, but this might be up to 1 m (3 ft) or more from the buried person, and when you have to move 1 ton of snow to rescue the person, That Means Alive Or Not.

This product will increase the chances of Surviving an Avalanche, or Finding a Lost Ski in Deep Powder.

The concept of this product incorporates 2 small pouches attached to the skiers’ legs. When the ski detaches from the Skier's boot, it will pull out a red strap highly visible.
1) In the Avalanche Rescue mode, it deploys two highly visible Red Straps 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, one strap attached to each leg, noticeable by the rescue team.
2) In the Ski Finder mode if a ski detaches from the boot while powder skiing, a highly visible Red Strap 5 m' (16.4 ft) long, trailing behind the ski, will make it easy for ski retrieval.

If you need additional information, please visit my website: https://www.ski-finder-avalanche-rescue.com
snow report
Joe Axelrad wrote:

excellent stuff- you are Davina Goldballs and I claim my £5 (or whatever).

What about helium balloons though? Or a tame monkey? (you train the monkey to follow up at a distance of about 300m- with bananas- you take it skiing and if you get avalanched it finds you).

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about finding the lost with advanced satellite technology? It seems to me that with the development of 5G and the use of trackers by skiers, the process of finding the lost will be greatly simplified. I got this idea from the article https://www.skyrora.com/post/call-for-proposals-5g-logistics-support-solutions-requested-by-uk-space-agency-european-space-agency-esa-and-dcms . It seems to me that satellite technology will help not only in space exploration, but also in our daily life.
ski holidays
Here is a video about avalanches and avalanche safety and two virtual training classes by an organization established in honor of Bryce Astle & Ronnie Berlack. These two US Ski Team Members died in an avalanche in in Soelden, Austria I believe in 2015 mainly because they and their buddies were completely unprepared.

The training sessions are free, but require registration.

Be safe out there.

https://brassavalanche.org/off-piste/

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/9816043568991/WN_MkkEuYC-QzyzTrYwwIiJ7w

https://brassavalanche.org/brass101/
snow conditions
@skimachine, thanks for this, some relevant and useful material. I find out interesting to return to this thread every so often, there are some nuggets of value amongst the random noise.

Given the current situation, where the Muppets are making the risk decisions for us, the chances of riding my luck are low... but I still cycle on busy london roads... and I've been getting my adrenaline buzz from sailing.
However, I'll still be skiing, and if we do get out to the mountains, I'll be looking to get hors piste on the usual manner... either using my own risk assessment based on weather, conditions, snow history, the avie bulletin.... and if the conditions merit, getting a guide.
As previously mentioned, I'll be a bit more attentive to the terrain, and more curious of the guides route selection. In my day job, I spend a lot of time trying to calculate risk and impact.... which is hard for all the reasons people have mentioned. But if the work calc goes wrong, we just lose money... IRL, the cost can be much higher.
But in a world where a trip to the supermarket could be fatal, one has to have a perspective.
Heres hoping we all get on the snow...
ski holidays
@Challenger007, 5G uses frequencies in the 3GHz band in Europe and in 28GHz elsewhere... both of which penetrate about 1cm (or less) into snow. Ain't gonna work for the chap(ess) buried 2m down, sorry.
snow report
@Steilhang, resurrectionist!
snow report
Thank God you're fine. I also had an accident a couple of years ago and I can tell you that I no longer went skiing, I was really scared, but I'm slowly starting to get back to normal Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy