Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Comeback !!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scarlet wrote:
The problem with discussing it with my doctor, is that I have never met them, they speak another language, and only currently hold notes relating to my fracture Confused

That does make things a little harder!

Quote:

In fact, I think all medication discussions over the past few years (in the UK) have been along the lines of "do you have anything better?", "No."

...highlighting that NSAIDs are actually pretty good, and despite a lot of research, we don't know enough about pain and inflammation you have significantly better therapies at the moment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's the weird thing i was way worse of than people that need dailysis in the short term
As it was accute now i'm way better of , my x would not take any prescription meds unless she
really really had to , fair play to her .
Having worked in marine biology when he started talking about my ph being a little low
on his morning rounds with his jnr drs
I muttered from my bed well my kh or calcium must be a little low then coz my magnesuium is high
he said" Sorry what did you say" ??
I said my ph it's low so one of thems low !!
He looked at me as if to say have we got a former dr in the bed here
It's amazing how the human body in blood terms works very similar to the marine life
I guess it bought a little bit of light heartedness to the situation as at this point i
didn't know i was gunna make it
mtgolf you seem really up on this stuff
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@maceman, kidneys are kidneys, are kidneys. Doesn't matter what species, the basics are (generally) very similar. And electrolytes even more so, since they're critical to basic cellular function. Most people don't have the grounding in this, so doctors don't generally talk at a scientific level to patients, they'd just get confused.

I have a certain amount of expertise in this area from my profession, and I'm married to a doctor with interests in the subject so I am probably more informed than many (and not as knowledgeable as many others).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maceman - your doctors may say "treat it like it never happened" but if you dont declare it to insurers and then you have reason to make a medical claim they will check your medical history and it is quite likely they will decline a claim and seek to link whatever the issue is with the undisclosed medical history while doing so. Please dont think you can just put this behind you and ignore it when you look for travel insurance. You may be lucky and on declaring what has happened the insurers are indeed not too bothered if there has been (in their view) a sufficient period of time without any recurrence or any issues related to your kidneys and kidney function but I would urge you not to make assumptions about this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@FFIRMIN, good advice, the insurers will probably think nothing of it when you tell them and won't add any premium, but if you don't mention it then they may use it as an excuse even if any injury is completely unrelated.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy