Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Places to eat in Les Menuires, Val Thorens area?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Could anyone give some recommendations for good places for lunch in the Les Menuires, Reberty, Val Thorens area, please? We’ll be a large group of 4 families with kids from 11 years and younger. We’re staying in Reberty, almost next door to La Ferme, so I guess that will be handy as we’ll be meeting the kids nearby after morning ski lessons. Anything else worth checking out nearby? Nothing too fancy, but don’t mind paying for good quality, nice setting and good service.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Ferme is absolutely delicious, Magret de Canard is some of the best I've had. About EUR 25 per dish, but it's the best food in Reberty.

Over in Les Menuires itself, there is a bar called Ninkasi which has amazing beer (they brew it themselves in Lyon) and good burgers. It's at the bottom of the Menuires lift, probably right where you drop the kids off for their ski lessons. I dream about that beer all year round.

La Loy is a rustic wood-panelled place with good food and a cosy vibe, it's on the side of the ski slope when you're skiing down into St Martin - keep an eye out because it's easy to ski right past it, which I've done about 3 times in a row.

If you want to go all the way to Courcheval 1650 (Moriond), there is a new tapas place called Copina which is absolutely excellent. I think their original branch is in Meribel center. A bit pricey, but some of the best food and wine we've had in the region.

Enjoy your trip.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
L'Ours Blanc. Off small track to left of Doron chairlift, if skiing down. Usually a polar bear sign pointing the way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
l'Ours Blanc on a nice day in the sun on their terrace. Suggest booking.

Grand Lac at the Granges lift has always been a great value and quality mountain resto.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Skilt at the bottom of the Menuires lift does a great cheese and bacon burger.

For a budget hot lunch, try the Ski Food hut at the top of the upper magic carpet in Val Thorens centre. There are also several other restaurants and a kebab shop in the street behind the hut if you fancy something else.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Over in Val Thorens, Chalet des Deux Ours on Tetras from Boismint or Plan d'leau chairs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
l'Ours Blanc on a nice day in the sun on their terrace. Suggest booking.

Grand Lac at the Granges lift has always been a great value and quality mountain resto.

Agreed.

Would add Lachenal is St Martin
Refuge Traite D’Union below St Martin 1
Cretes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chalet du Sunny just below top of Sunny express lift, so it’s easy to get to after lesson. Good pizzas.
Another vote of La Loy (but it will take you a good 45 mins to get there at a steady pace).
Corbeleys at bottom of St Martin express lift.
With that many of you, you will need to book!
Chez Pepe Nicholas- for a bit more of a swanky experience.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks to everyone for your advice, and especially to diaphon for going above and beyond the call of duty, much appreciated!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
there are now several picnic rooms around the three valleys if you want to take sandwiches. There's a small one at the bottom of the La Masse lift, one under the Caron bubble (near Cairn / above Moutiere), one at the bottom of Tougnete 1 in Meribel valley (possibly one at plattieres?), one at the bottom of the Saulire and Vizelle lifts in Courchevel, one at the top of Ariondaz gondola and maybe others. The picnic huts on Pic Bleu (Col de la Loze) and Saulire are just huts with no heating and are bloody freexing (though the pic bleu had power for me to recharge my mobile)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy