Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructor / Ski school Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend an instructor or ski school in Mayrhofen?

We are going out in 13th April and I am undecided exactly which to go for, some extra group lessons for the girls or a couple of private lessons.

Both girls are different levels so would need to be private each and my youngest is autistic and dyspraxic so another reason for thinking private and she needs somebody with patience!

We are trying a mixture of private and group for half term (first two days morning private joining the group for lunch and into afternoon and then groups all day for remaining 3 days, but don’t know how that will work).

Hence looking for recommendations for both.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Habler ski school, excellent and very friendly
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seconding what @skierdad said, Habeler are great, although have a chat to them about groups. They have a limited group lesson offering but I'm sure can point you towards your best choice for groups if they don't have anything suitable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent - I am seeing how the lessonscwork this time (convuluted but does seem to be working)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having looked at Habler it doesn’t look like they offer a lunch club for children which I would prefer. Or have I missed it?

I have exchanged a couple of messages with ski school mayrhofen SMT and they look promising.

Anybody used them?

We have decided that we are going to book 3 whole day private’s for just my youngest (the autistic / dyspraxic one).

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We just booked private lessons and skied with them in the afternoon.
J
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, used SMT for my daughter last Easter, she really enjoyed her lessons, we’d originally booked 3 days but she wanted to go for the rest of the week so we ended up extending. I don’t remember there being a lunch option but I may be wrong, anyway it’s easy to get back to the Penken meeting point. They are a big operation with 10-15 groups, at Easter there will be plenty of English speaking kids in ski school.
We also used Habler for a couple of private lessons which were good, we needed to change times at short notice and they were very flexible with this.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@simonbaddeley, thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok we have booked with SMT (got slightly worried by that thread on somebody being unable to find a private instructor in Val thorens!), plus enough positive comments for SMT and my other more general thread to make me happy Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Keira has had her 3 days of privates which went really well. She was assigned a lovely young lady called Maria who built a lovely rapport with her and by day 3 when I joined the lesson she was skiing at a lovely pace even on red runs. Massive success.

They even offered her to join the race this morning which Keira is desperate to do.

General observation of SMT on the mountain is the let some of the groups get a little large for my liking but overall kids all seem happy in the lessons.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy