Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget Insurance for Simple Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Haven't been on in ages. Show in Macau is going very nicely. Come see it, there's burning stuff and flying stuff and cars doing donuts in the middle of it all.

Anyway, as previously discussed the one compromise of coming here was not getting any holiday to go skiing in. (Annual leave is 6 days which is all scheduled for the summer and nothing I can do to change it). But to my great surprise, Mrs DP suggested (not just accepted, suggested) that for our little 3 day Chinese-New-Year-Time-Off-In-Lieu break, we fly to South Korea and check out their offerings.

So we are going to do that. The only thing is that annoyingly, they don't seem to offer a kind of Carte-Blanche like the French do where you can put daily insurance on your lift pass. It's strange, the resort operator does your accommodation, lift pass, food, evening fun, ski hire, etc etc... but has no option for insurance. So basically we need to source our own.

Since I brought no shiny gear to Macau, and Mrs DP is a very novice skier; this is going to be 3 days of taking it easy. She's going to have some half-day lessons so I can go and cruise at a proper pace, but still I do not expect to be doing any higher-risk activities such as off piste / park / downhill slalom / etc. Just carving some lines and helping Mrs DP to improve, because that's still 1000% better than the no-skiing-at-all season I'd expected. (It's also a tactical opportunity to educate Mrs DP in the delights of ski holidays so that when we return to the UK there are no arguments about doing 13 days straight on the PreBB / Birthday and she might even look forward to it). I do appreciate that knowing my luck, my intention of taking it easy on piste with no gnarly business will almost guarantee 3 days of fresh powder... but somebody else will have to enjoy it on my behalf.

Anyway, since this is (a) 3-days, (b) comparatively low risk (compared to my normal idea of a ski trip), and (c) lacking in transporting any personally-owned gear... does anyone have any recommendations for bargain bucket ski insurance? I may well renew my normal plan as (a) it works as travel insurance anyway and (b) it'll still be valid for the PSB, PreBB and BB next year... but Mrs DP might not take to skiing so well and thus may not need such a comprehensive policy.

Any recommendations would be really nice. Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
One issue may be around where you are "normally resident". You are looking for insurance which might (worst case scenario) require repatriation to home, but where is home as defined in any relevant policy? Presumably if you are currently staying in Macau you have insurance which already covers you and Mrs DP for most risks, have you read the policy have you thought of contacting your current insurance provider and discussing your needs. They might do a relatively inexpensive add on. Otherwise try MPI who seem to be able to "tailor make" various packages which include skiing. Too many questions here to which there arent answers to provide any more helpful suggestions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about regular travel insurance?

I seem to have seen Chinese novices "trying" skiing in Korea and Japan. Check to see the local standard travel insurance. It may NOT exclude skiing!

(e.g. North America travel insurance INCLUDES skiing, surfing, diving etc.)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy