Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice: solo + kid, 14-19 Feb or 21-26 Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hate having my first post on this forum be a question rather than a contribution, so please accept my apologies for that! My son (10 years-old) and I are hoping to wrangle a last-minute holiday over an odd set of days - either 14-19 Feb or 21-26 Feb.

I have a work commitment in London on 20 Feb which puts a huge dent in my ability to take him skiing for half-term, so initially I thought we'd skip the skiing this year but he is totally crushed about that and I need to make it up to him.

I am an American so I know very little about European resorts. We've skiied in the Three Valleys (Les Menuires) twice and enjoyed it, I just got back from there myself. We've also skiied at Sauze d'Oulx last year and that was fun. Mostly these are trips with his school.

In America, our favorite place is Telluride but we have also enjoyed the resorts around Park City a lot.

Can anyone offer pointers on booking a last-minute trip, anywhere in Europe, like this? We are both very strong intermediates who can ski anything on-piste and gentle off-piste. We don't care where we sleep or where we eat, we like to get the first lift up in the morning and the last lift in the evening and we like to eat lunch on the lifts rather than lose skiing time in a restaurant. Our aprés ski activity is watching TV and chatting, sometimes we play board games, so we absolutely don't need a fancy resort - we just want a great place to ski a lot!

Budget is flexible, but I'd rather spend the money on good skiing than a fancy place which we won't enjoy anyway. We're also happy to join up with someone else's trip, if anyone reading this needs to fill out a chalet or make up a cancellation.

Thanks very much,
Ash.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Ash,
We've a room in our guesthouse here in Ski Amade, Austria, from the week starting 23rd Feb, which is half term in Wales. Im guessing you are not in Wales though and your half term is the week earlier! Many hotels/b&b/guesthouses around here don't restrict to Saturday check ins. Take a look on tourist info sites, booking sites, you should be able to find something suitable. HTH Ange Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ange, thanks for that offer! We're in England and our son's half-term is the week before that. Shame, maybe next time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would take a look at Sunweb as they have quite number which aren’t the normal Sat / Sat or Sun / Sun week long offers. Also their prices include lift passes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @NickyJ I'm looking at Sunweb now, seems promising
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
diaphon wrote:
Thanks @NickyJ I'm looking at Sunweb now, seems promising

Good luck - we are going with them at Easter for first time but were recommended Sunweb by people from here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy