Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Armada Skiis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone
As a newby to this forum I hope there are some experienced people out there who can offer me good advice on which pair of skiis to go for.
I'm a 179cm , 46 year old male who weighs 220lb's. I am in fairly good shape and snowboarded most the last 20 years.
Currently I ski the Head Magnum supershape skiis (163cm as i like the short carving) which are superb for groomed slopes. My son is now 6 years old and also loves his skiing but is more attracted to the fun stuff like the park or powder which i am comfortable doing but the supershapes don't feel good in these conditions. I am now looking for a pair of skiis that are more versatile than the Supershapes and really like the Armada Arv 96's (or maybe the 86's).
I live most of my time in South Africa but usually go skiing here in Africa 2-3 times per season (yes we do have one slope a km long ) and to the US or Europe 2-3 times per season. I would say i am advanced ( yes both in years and ability ).
I recently started looking on line for skiis and had a shop in Germany offer me a pair of Armada ARV 96TI's (zero's) for a very good price. There don't seem to be many reviews on these so i would really like some buying advice on both the ARV96's (what size and how will they ski as i am quite heavy) and the ARV 96 TI's which apparently are a bit stiffer (maybe they are better for my weight?. It would be great to hear any comment or experiences ? I would love to test both but i don't have the luxury of a ski shop down the road here in Africa Wink. I am also open to looking at other skiis , but what i have read is that the ARAMDA's seem to be able to do everything ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy