Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis to replace my Scott Dozers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to replace my much loved Scott Dozers (165cm 129/96/127) after many years of faithful service ....

These skis are used mainly for ‘free-riding’ and short climbs – I have another pair of skis (K2 Talkback 8Cool for longer tours.

I am c 60kg, 163cm tall and in my early 60s - experienced off-pister doing about 40 days skiing a year - wouldn't describe myself as 'aggressive' when compared to most 20 somethings who do ski tests/reviews .... but confident in most conditions.

Any suggestions please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Scott Scrapper 95 in 165cm is the current equivalent and is very popular as a freeride tourer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As an add on to @spyderjon, they have quite a stock of various NOS Scott skis in Bartlett ski, you'll have to give them a a call as stock doesn't seem well "defined" on website.

Unless @spyderjon, has anything suitable of that ilk. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems i fell in a crevasse yesterday - don't know why - so could not respond last night!

Thanks for the replies ...

I was somewhat put off the Scrapper by the Tea Club review which said it was "a good option for less experienced skiers who are searching for ease of use. The downside of the light construction is that it can feel soft and wash out at the end of the turn while as speed builds it becomes less stable." An easy ski appeals but am concerned about the comment that it is for less experienced skiers (?) and about the tail washing out and stability at speed ....

Does anyone happen to ski on the Scrapper?

One ski i am looking at is the Armada Trace 98 - also a women's ski though to date i have not had a pair specifically designed for women and am not sure what that might entail! Does anyone know it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Tolly, get the slightly stiffer unisex Scrapper 95 not the Scrapper 95W. Edge grip on hard pack is very good providing they have a good tune (like any ski). Rocker in the tail means you can either wash them out or they'll lock in if you want them to. For your stats/requirements they're perfect - and they've got more performance than your Dozers but are easier to ski.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Tolly, you didn't fall in a crevasse yesterday - you've been in there since 01/Oct/2017
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gosh must be frozen!! Vin chaud it is .... Clearly i don't post enough so only just realised ...

Thanks Spyderjon for your advice

Ann
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gosh must be frozen!! Vin chaud it is .... Clearly i don't post enough so only just realised ...

Ann
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Ann
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh dear - not demonstrating great forum competence am i? Forgive me! snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How does the Scott superguide 95 compare to the Scrapper? Looks to have a very similar profile at 168cm and similar weight. Husband is not keen on twin tips (as he usually is behind me!) .... would a superguide be a suitable replacement for the Dozers or too stiff for me?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy