Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montchavin with Ski Hiver

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I’d write a quick review of our week in Montchavin, for anyone who’s interested!

Group of 10, including one toddler. Intermediate to advanced skiers with one non-skier. We flew over with Flybe to Geneva, very cheap and allowed us to use our closest regional airports to cut down on hassle. Also enabled me to fly back to a different airport for complicated reasons. Got a private transfer with white rides, was really impressed with the service both ways. Excellent communication, on time, comfortable vehicles and most importantly took us on the (very) scenic route on the way home to avoid the half term traffic.

Stayed in Montchavin, in a newly built chalet (chalet hermine, ski hiver) right next to the telecabine. The location was excellent, literally ski to the door and one flight of steps or a short pole to the nearest lift. Evo 2 hire shop opposite and a decent bar next to that. We were a bit dubious about the chalet before we left as it was brand new (and less than £500 per person) so no reviews, but we were really impressed. Well sound proofed, warm, loads of hot water, sauna, plenty of seating. Only minor issues were lack of boot warmers and really rubbish pillows. Food was above average, 4 course dinners with reasonable wine, we brought our own booze to supplement but they had a well priced honesty bar too. Catered well for the toddler, both equipment wise and food.

We skied 2 days in les arcs and 4 in La Plagne, staying in Montchavin really facilitated this. We’d previously stayed in 1800 and found the runs home horrific - skiing back to Montchavin was a breeze in comparison. Slightly icy right at the bottom of the red coming into the village by the end of the week but otherwise fine. Excellent snow conditions and lovely and sunny so no complaints in the skiing department.

Overall a brilliant week, definitely felt on the luxurious side and the food and location of the chalet really helped. Came in a smidge under a grand all in, which is cheaper than we’ve managed in recent years for a similar standard chalet.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

lack of boot warmers

They need to sort that out!

Montchavin and Les Coches are brilliant places to stay in the Paradiski area
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helpful report - thank you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lottie, just wondered if you could elaborate on your comment about runs back to 1800 being horrific please? We're staying in a chalet just off the blue by the Melezes lift in the first week of March and the weather has warmed up a lot so I assume that it will be slushy too to add to whatever issues you had. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HelenS, the runs under the Melezes chair tend to get very busy at the end of the day, with most people heading back to 1800 using them. So they get cut up, moguls start to form etc. And then beginners / nervous skiers start to struggle, which makes it a bit more tricky for everyone else. My guess is that this is what @lottie was addressing. (When skiing with less experienced people I have sometimes just got the bus back from Bellecote /Centre instead).

The blues back to 1800 from Aime 2000 tend to be less busy, so stay in better condition.

(You might get a better range of responses on the main La Plagne thread).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ecureuil, thanks for replying. I did look at the main thread, but wasn't clear if it was really intended for questions like that. On the 17/18 thread someone called it Carnage Canyon, so I wondered if there was something more than being very cut up and busy. That isn't my idea of fun either to be honest, so I may investigate the bus too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy