Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trains from Munich Airport to Skiwelt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're probably going to the Ski welt in March and are wondering about getting from Munich Airport to resort (Hopfgarten) by train. I know we can hire a car, but I'm wondering how the train would work as an alternative. We'd be carrying hold luggage and skis each.

Where's the best place to look at train timetables and prices?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666, OBB
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sugarmoma666 wrote:
We're probably going to the Ski welt in March and are wondering about getting from Munich Airport to resort (Hopfgarten) by train. I know we can hire a car, but I'm wondering how the train would work as an alternative. We'd be carrying hold luggage and skis each.

Where's the best place to look at train timetables and prices?

We went by train from Munich to Kufstein - had a Bayern ticket & used the local Meridian trains, €32 for the 2 of us. We then had a bus to Soll (€4.50 each). I think there’s a bus from Kufstein to Hopfgarten but best to check on that! Might be best to go to Worgl?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you buy the Bayern ticket online before you left? I think I can do that on the DBB website.
Or at the airport?
Do you then get off the train in Kufstein and buy a ticket for the remainder of your journey?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We bought the ticket when we got there - easy enough from the machines, a bit more expensive if you go to the ticket booth. (We landed at 10.30, collected our luggage, bought ticket & were on the train at 11 for the 11.04 departure!) The bus station in Kufstein is next to the train station - paid on the bus.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Need to write everyone’s names on the ticket once you get on the train!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can buy a Bayern ticket online see https://www.bahn.de/en/view/offers/regional/regional-day-ticket-for-bavaria.shtml . Yes you do need to have the names of those travelling on the ticket (get a pen from the ticket inspector if necessary). Note that the ticket is NOT valid on EC trains, in this case the ones that go from Munich via Innsbruck to Verona etc.

There is a train to Hopfgarten but it goes from Wörgl rather than Kufstein, in which case a Bayern ticket would mean a lot of faff for little if any gain. S bahn to Munich Ost, local train to Kufstein, buy new ticket, train to Wörgl, train to Hopfgarten. More sensible just to buy a ticket for whole journey, though it is highly recommended to reserve seats from Munich to Wörgl assuming you book the direct train.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The train times didn't really work with our flight times so we've now booked a transfer with Four Seasons. Since we'll be carrying skis, we decided this would also be easier as it's door to door.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy