Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz and Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
First post. Hello all.
Me and my wife have just spent an amazing month (January) in Avoriaz. I’m a rubbish skier, she’s pretty good.
Anyway... any questions about what to do, where to go etc then I’ll try my best to give you a heads up as I got a lot of info from this site before we went so payback is due.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHead , and to another fan!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Watching this thread - currently on the drive to Morzine, having just left the Eurotunnel!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you got chains? @FiFi_Trixibell,
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic offer - thanks! I'm planning on a weekend in Morzine at the start of March - where's good (and not too expensive) to eat? Any recommendations?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Have you got chains? @FiFi_Trixibell,

Yes! We’ve got winter tyres and then self tightening Thule chains ready to go. Doing a stopover in Dole tonight though so we’ll pick our window in the morning to drive the last stretch up the mountain
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FiFi_Trixibell, given the perfectly fine state of the roads in Chamonix this morning, I doubt you’ll need chains, nor that there will be enough snow on the roads to make them useful. (Chains need enough snow). And with winter tyres even with enough snow you probably wouldn’t need chains anyway.

I did three seasons in Morzine and used chains twice... but that was in the 90s and the snow was different.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I made it up to Morzine last night without chains, although it was touch ang go and lots were stopping and putting them on. The roads are much better today.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@FiFi_Trixibell, given the perfectly fine state of the roads in Chamonix this morning, I doubt you’ll need chains, nor that there will be enough snow on the roads to make them useful. (Chains need enough snow). And with winter tyres even with enough snow you probably wouldn’t need chains anyway.

Ahh ok, that’s good to know. Just looked at the forescast and saw more snow is falling tonight and through tomorrow. We’ll just play it by ear and if turns out we don’t need the chains great, we still have better tyres to help us out too
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Notthebestskier wrote:
Anyway... any questions about what to do, where to go etc then I’ll try my best to give you a heads up as I got a lot of info from this site before we went so payback is due.

What would be your single best recommendations from your time there?

So - maybe best place to eat and best section to ski?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did 5 winters in Morzine with no chains @under a new name, and used chains yesterday in a 4WD with winter tyres as the police demanded it! First time ever! There has been a ton of snow - pylons down, the lot. Probably most useful for overtaking people without winter tyres who are ‘having a go’ up one of the hills into town.

Food- Hideout is still the tastiest in town! We also had great food at Pointe de Nyon which is now run by the guys from O’Chalet. Their apres party on Thursday was pretty good too!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Nadenoodlee, you were unlucky re the police. It wasn’t that bad, at least, not in Chamonix valley.

Had a fab dinner in Hideout last Friday. If you don’t have a huge appetite, the staff are lying. One main course is quite enough! The fishcakes were to die for.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
But the broccoli @under a new name, ! Oh it’s all so good.

Yep the snow was the best/ worst I’ve seen for a long, long time. Took us 6hours to get back to ZH instead of usual 3.5
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nadenoodlee, UK registered car?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Absolutely not @zzz, we still have a 74. We were just stuck behind morons.
snow conditions
Notthebestskier wrote:
Hi
First post. Hello all.
Me and my wife have just spent an amazing month (January) in Avoriaz. I’m a rubbish skier, she’s pretty good.

I just wanted to say hi and what a lovely theme for a first post:)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy