Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

D1091 from Le Freney d'Oisans

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi looking for a bit of advice. Have driven to Montgenevre through Val Frejus Tunnel in our car a number of times,
However we are looking at taking our motorhome down through France around last week of France towards Montgenevre.

Was wondering is the road the D1091 from Le Freney d'Oisans alongside Lac Du Chambon all the way through to Briancon likely to be open/passable obviously if heavy snow probably not!!!

I know Ken X and Weathercam will probably use/drive it, so their advice would be great.

Thanks

Tim B
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timbobaggins, around last week of ??

What size is the motorhome as well?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry March looking around last week March and skiing early April. Motorhome is 7 metres long. 3500kg
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
3.2m tall
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would say the road should be ok by then but you never know.

KenX will have a better idea on the motor home size but these vans are used by Polish drivers going up and down the D1091 all the time

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks v much. Let's see what Ken X has to say
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timbobaggins, it’s not a route I’d choose in our camper and that’s only 5.5mlong and 2.8 high, that said, that’s about the same as the panel van above. The length won’t be an issue, you should be able to google the height restrictions on the D1091, most of the tunnels have curved roofs so you’d have to drive nearer the middle!
Also the Col du Lautaret between La Grave and Briancon is subject to closures if there’s a lot of wind and/or snow and they’ve cut back on funding this season for snow clearing, it was closed overnight a couple of days ago where before they would have kept it open all night.....
Our friend has a large MH like yours, I’ll ask him for you Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers Ken and Weathercam. Trouble is as well we are British. Living in Ireland with a dog that has a UK pet passport. Last year we got ferry from Ireland, drove across UK entered France and same in reverse. With this Brexit bollox we really don't know what to do. U have dogs don't u Weathercam. Any advice.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timbobaggins, Have you co considered going via Gap? It's about 70+ km further than going via the Lauteret but it's an easier road to drive with a larger vehicle. The Frejus tunnel route is good as you know but has expensive tolls.
PS...Sensible move, going to Ireland Cool .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Skevinski, bet he went down like a lead balloon in the bar last night Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timbobaggins, he's just got back to me, his is 7.5m and no problem..... Just make sure you're not planning to cross the col at night if it's windy/snowy! You can check the col closures here:
http://inforoute.hautes-alpes.fr/www/index.html
Zoom in and find the Col du Lautaret
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you haven't done it already join the Facebook motorhome and ski page
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers all. Yes they loved me in the bar last night especially as Furlongs parents bar is just up the road from us. Lol lol
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy