Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late April Easter weekend Les Arcs? or Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I know Easter is very late this year, but thinking of a cheeky long weekend for easter weekend 18- 22nd April.

I'd love to to Les Arc 2000 - but what are the chances of any decent snow that late in the season?

we will drive from Kent, so that probably rules out Austria for this trip and probably mostly rules in France.

I know Tignes will have some good snow - where is best to stay that late in the season Le Lac or one of the other villages? I haven't skied Tignes since I was a beginner and I found it very challenging, whilst hoping I am better these days, that in part is why I would like to go to Les Arcs as a preference.

any other suggestions?

thank you snow heads
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Much as I love Les Arcs may I suggest Val Claret, Tignes. The funicular to the glacier will mean that you will get rapid access to the glacier and certain Easter skiing. I do not think the skiing in Tignes is any more challenging than Les Arcs, both have some of the toughest blacks going but Les Arcs has by far the most difficult reds. Both resorts have a good selection of blues.

However with the Easter holidays so late this year I wouldn't rush to make my mind up. The French, basically do not ski Easter, so the main clients will be Belgians, Dutch and of course the British. However, I see that some British tour operators are not even offering the Easter holidays this year. You could probably arrange accommodation as you are driving down.

Remember the factor 50.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you john, that’s actually great advice.

I don’t know tignes at all, so is Val C high? I desperately hate skiing slush (so perhaps this is a daft idea, given the time of year!), so want to be somewhere that minimises the lower slushy runs home at the end of the day. So want to be as high as possible or somewhere I can just download the last lift, if it’s really knee deep slush!

Thank you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bunches, I've even skied the Mayday weekend in Tignes and the mornings were good,but an afternoon descent from the Glacier did have heavy snow on the descent. You do not have to ski all day. If the afternoons are too hot go to the indoor climbing wall or swimming pool instead. We have been known to ski until 14:00 have a late lunch and knock off for the afternoon.

Val C is the highest part of Tigne
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perfect, thank very much Indeed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val C is at 2200. The glacier is a good idea but it's quite limited. The other pistes might get slushy before 14.
What about Val Tho? It's higher with higher altitude pistes. The EOSB is there in the same period, btw
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy