Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental in Serre Chevalier Villeneuve?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recommendations?

I don't mind paying good money for good equipment, I just want a place that's going to be honest w.r.t. what they're advertising and what they provide. Past experiences seem to be that you just get handed random planks based on height, then DIN set based on weight and (maybe) ability, so very much a matter of luck to get anything decent.

Ability to swap a few times in the week would be a bonus, as 2 of our group would like to get more acquainted with how different skis feel.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skeksis, where in Villeneuve are you staying? Brechu Sports are usually reliable, although I haven't hired any equipment from there for a while.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skeksis, welcome to snowHeads. I’d trust HB on this -she’s almost a local!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're staying in Le Petit Sport, so a little further up the valley from the Pontillas lift
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells wrote:
... Brechu Sports are usually reliable, although I haven't hired any equipment from there for a while.

Thanks for the tip. Am I being incompetent or do they not list any rental prices on line? I have emailed them to ask, but my french is terrible so they might not understand me Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skeksis, I'll look later, I'm still at work. Who does your tour operator use?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
@skeksis, I'll look later, I'm still at work. Who does your tour operator use?

We're not going with a tour operator, totally self-organised for the first time Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skeksis, nice, for some reason I thought Petit Sport was a Pinewood Chalets place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells wrote:
@skeksis, nice, for some reason I thought Petit Sport was a Pinewood Chalets place.

It is, but we're just booking accommodation from them, handling all the rest ourselves. I think they do have a deal with a ski store though, I'll ask them.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skeksis, when are you going ?

If out of high season then wait till you get there.

Really there is only one good place (Riquet Sport Village) that fits your requirements with good top end kit and demo gear, plus you can take it back day after day and change etc etc

If it's more average kit then there's another shop we use for not so demanding friends / children etc

Then there's always mine and Kens own ski locker, shortly to be added to Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam we're going 27th Jan to 3rd Feb

Booking ahead online seems to save a lot of money, no?

Is the Riquet Sport Village much bigger than the others then?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skeksis wrote:

Have to idea about booking ski rental gear online.

Just that when I have friends out Riquet offer a very good standard of latest season equipment.

But as you're going High Season I'd imagine booking online might be the best option to secure your kit.

The team at Pinewood would also be able to help, tell them Gavin told them to sort you out - I'm just up the hill literally from where you'll be, we're neighbours.

Our webcam almost overlooks where you'll be - it's operational 08:00 - 20:00
http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam wrote:
skeksis wrote:

Have to idea about booking ski rental gear online.

Just that when I have friends out Riquet offer a very good standard of latest season equipment.

But as you're going High Season I'd imagine booking online might be the best option to secure your kit.

The team at Pinewood would also be able to help, tell them Gavin told them to sort you out - I'm just up the hill literally from where you'll be, we're neighbours.

Our webcam almost overlooks where you'll be - it's operational 08:00 - 20:00
http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html

Thanks for the information, with a few discounts it's turning out to be quite cheap even for the highest-end stuff and unlimited swaps.

Do you have any experience with the other Riquet shops (Prelong and Aravet)? Riquet Village will probably be closed for lunch when we arrive whereas the other 2 open all day, not a big deal but we'd lose 1, maybe 1.5h of skiing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skeksis, High season and they do not close for lunch!

Prelong Riquet is next to a favourite bar of ours, Cocoon, I don't really know the staff there. The little shop I mentioned is in the basement of the souvenir shop below and is run by the brother of the guy who use to run Riquet Village, but unfortunately there were a load of politics going on and many of the people I knew well over the years left last season, and some of the deals I used to get dried up rolling eyes

You're a lot closer to Prelong than Village and Aravet anyway
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skeksis, sorry for resurrect an old thread, but how was you stay with Pinewood chalets? As I am considering booking with them.

Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy