Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private ski lessons in Madonna

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son and family are going to Madonna di Campiglio at half term, but not there the whole week, as my daughter in law doesn't ski and they are visiting Verona and Venice too. They'd like a private instructor for three kids - different ski levels but they enjoy being together - for either three mornings, or three afternoons, from Sunday 17th February.

Any suggestions as to which ski school or which instructor? They've always skied in France (Les Saisies) in the past - where I knew the ski schools and instructors, but for Madonna we are in the dark?

They are staying in an Air BnB place in Campo Carlo Magna - north of the centre. None of us has any idea of the geography!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, you could try contacting @Lisa_BrentaSki by PM as they run holidays here and Wayne is a ski instructor. Having said that I've just had an email from them saying that English speaking instructors for private lessons in the half term week are in short supply ... I'm there with my daughter from the 17th for a week.

Camp Carlo is a fair way out of the main town at the col where the Groste and Fortini lifts depart from. In terms of lift access it's straightforward to get into the lift system from that location. There's quite a bit up there but I think it's mainly hotels and apartments. In the summer the area is the main golf course for Madonna. It's an easy ski or bus ride down to Madonna town.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - have sent a message to Brentaski. Very good idea!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, did your son manage to get sorted?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I read it as private lessons with Madonna at first Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing @stevew, I had no reply to an email to Brentaski but my son phoned yesterday and spoke to an English instructor who is going out to Madonna this week and promised to sort them out some lessons. So yes - and we are very grateful for your steer on this. I hope you all have a great week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to hear, it's snowing now so looking to some good snow
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had initially planned to join their trip - they have room in their AirBnB place and I haven't been to Verona, where they are spending a few days, or to Madonna D C. My daughter in law doesn't ski so we could have done some sight seeing and walking together etc to free up my son for skiing. Also I speak a bit of Italian, which can be useful with buying rail tickets etc. But I have some health problems which put paid to that idea. Very good to hear it's snowing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, sorry to hear that you're not so well. It would have been nice to have been able to bump into a snowheads legend like yourself!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

a snowheads legend

Laughing Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, Was there just last week, and although we never took lessons, we did see a good variety of ski schools operating in the area. But I'm so late to the thread that your son is probably sorted by now.
One thing I would advise would be to get ski bus tickets if they are staying at Campo Carlo Magna. They are 2euro/day for adults (not sure of the kids prices). It may be possible to ski down to Groste from there, but it will be uphill on the way back. We had about a metre of snow on arrival and there were no pavements. I wouldn't recommend walking it with young kids if they get similar snowfall.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Pam w how did your son and family get on with private lessons, my sister is considering there for mid term 2020. Any other feedback greatly appreciated.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They got on fine - were very impressed with trains and buses all through their trip, including Verona and Venice. The kids enjoyed their lessons though they had some kind of logistical hitch with hire stuff the first morning which meant going back up the hill. They coped, though, and the whole trip, which wasn't just ski-focussed, was a great success.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thank you for feedback. I have never skied in Italy before and I am helping my sister organising their 2nd ski holiday. Do you know who/company they booked?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy