Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon QST question-help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there a difference between salomon QST 99 and the QST lumen 99?I am female and need a 167cm skis and have demo'd the QST and like them.
can't tell from the spec whether there is a difference other than the lumen being a female ski.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Knee Deep, same ski apart from the graphics , I have the 2019 QST 99 in 167cm ( im 165 cm tall and 72 kg Male ) they are probably the best "all mountain " ski I've owned , when I demoed them they only had the lumen in my size , exactly the same ski , I have them mounted with the new shift binding which makes them even more versatile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dabber, great thanks, very helpful.Going to go for it.Also wondered about shift bindings but don't think ready to splash out yet.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Knee Deep, see what ski/binding combination deals are out there , the tyrolia attack is a nice light binder that will pair well with the skis , but if you can find a deal on the shift you won't regret it snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Knee Deep, I have the slightly older version, instead of Lumen it’s Lux. Can’t fault them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dabber,I am considering the shift bindings, not got into touring yet, but can see me doing it some time soon.however few local sources (Tignes) have warned me that they are very 'kickable' at the moment, not sure if that should put me off.
is it possible to change to shift binding once the bindings have been put on?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dabber, will check out tyrolia attack too!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Knee Deep wrote:
@Dabber,I am considering the shift bindings, not got into touring yet, but can see me doing it some time soon.however few local sources (Tignes) have warned me that they are very 'kickable' at the moment, not sure if that should put me off.

What do they mean ‘kickable’? I’m thinking of getting these bindings.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VolklAttivaS5, nickable !!!!!!!(blinking autocorrect)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Knee Deep, ohhhh haha.
Ok that follows as they are a sought after binding
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if anything they are not kickable because you shouldnt use them to kick snow off your boots
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kneedeep

Knee Deep wrote:

its is possible to swop bindings , but depends on the hole patterns of the two bindings you were considering , but if I was hoping to get into touring at some point in the near future I would defiantly consider the shift , as there is no compromise on the downhill capability over most alpine bindings . and they also complement the lighter QST skis as they make for great lightweight set up . the only other thing you have to consider is to tour with the shift you need tech inserts in your boots so lots to think about

as regards "nick ability " they would defo be a desirable item , check out this thread https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=141535&highlight=
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy