Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saalbach prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi heading to Sallbach in March just wondered if anybody could tell me the average beer prices and food prices many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
€5.00, €10.00, €15.00, €20.00, €25.00, €30.00 + + + +

Anything else you need to know about Saalbach just ask?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northantsred,

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most mountain places are reasonable. 4.50 for a beer (0.5l). 10-13 for a main course. Chicken man is 11.50. Die alm 1350 has received bad reviews for service and price. The unterswarzacher is more expensive because of where it is. Overall, it's good value. The smaller resorts, where the tour operators don't go, have a very similar pricing structure so there is no saalbach premium. Enjoy.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 2-02-19 9:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankyou
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Klamm Franzer, also heading there early March so useful to know.

@Bergmeister + 1 Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@carla4221, avoid soft drinks and but alcohol - cheaper.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@carla4221, It obviously depends on where you go and what you eat. I often have a gulasch soup and a drink at lunch time, which costs around 10 euros. Budget for 10-15 euros, but you may well spend less, e.g pizzas are a generous size, as are some other dishes, and we often share. Pizzas are around 10 euros.
A half chicken in the popular Chicken Man is now 11.50 euros - Mrs TT often shares one, as they are a good size.
A “foam soup of musquee pumpkin with red curry, pumpkin seed oil and curd cheese dumpling” at the Kralleralm will cost you 5.50 euros.
A good portion of apfelstrudel with custard will cost about 6 euros.
Evening meals will cost anything from around 8 euros (meal of the day in Bobby’s Pub - last night we had a good, filling Thai chicken curry for 9 euros) to 12 to 20 euros in a restaurant (a couple of nights ago I had the best, meatiest ribs and chips of my life in the Soul House - aka the Backstatt Stall - for 17 euros.
A Tiroler Groestl (potato, onion, bacon, fried egg, herbs) will be about 12 euros.
A mixed grill will be about 16-18 euros.
A half litre of beer will cost you 2.50 - 2.80 euros in the late afternoon or early evening at places like the Bergeralm, the Thurneralm, and Bobby’s (happy hour).
Normal evening prices range from 3.80 to 4.50 in bars like Bobby’s, Crazy Deer, Underbar, Otzi Bar.
The Hinterhag charges 5 euros.
The only places I would advise against going to are the 1350 restaurant at Hochalm, and the Post Bar in the middle of Saalbach. In both cases I’ve heard reports of poor service and/or over-charging.
Generally prices are reasonable, and our guests have made favourable comments, especially after their experiences in France.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The addition of a mixer to a spirit doubles the price (so typically 8 euros instead of 4 euros). Instead drink ready-mixed ones, like vodka-ice. Even better drink spritzers - about 3.5 euros (an aperol spritzer might be 4 - 5 euros).
Wine is cheap - typically no more than 3 euros.
Bottled beers, like Desperados and Coronas, will be 4 - 5 euros.
The new Irish Bar at the Alpenhotel serves a good Guinness wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If doing apres in the schwarzacherhof, buy the drinks inside (certainly beer). You get 0.5l for €5.60 instead of 0.4 outside for same price. Goastahl is actually pretty reasonable for drinks, given its a big draw. Think the beers were €4.50 in there and flying hirsches cheaper still (compared with €5.60 in schwarzacherhof). The Wallegalm looked really pricey so we walked out - €8.80 for Gulaschsuppe
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski wrote:
If doing apres in the schwarzacherhof, buy the drinks inside (certainly beer). You get 0.5l for €5.60 instead of 0.4 outside for same price. Goastahl is actually pretty reasonable for drinks, given its a big draw. Think the beers were €4.50 in there and flying hirsches cheaper still (compared with €5.60 in schwarzacherhof). The Wallegalm looked really pricey so we walked out - €8.80 for Gulaschsuppe

Whereas people in France could only dream of being able to get a bowl of soup on the slopes for a mere €9! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A couple of weeks ago you would have been serenaded by David Hasslehof during your 9 Euro soup course at the Wallegalm! I settled for a couple of fizzy soups and the Hof supplied the cheese....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all your reply’s. we are staying in the aplin spa resort hotel so mainly looking at lunch time and maybe happy hour
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy