Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee lunch stops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all, first time in Saas Fee this March, for 3 days before Zermatt. Are there any really good Mountains restaurants such as Findlerhof or Chez Vrony in Zermatt or Chalet Etoile in Cervinia? Searched the forums here and got well into Trip Advisor, but nothing of value on the mountain. Must be table service! I am getting very Italian in my skiing day! Any part of the Mountain will do we can ski any pisted run. Thanks in anticipation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most are self service but the Spielboden restaurant does table service. It did look nice though we only had coffee. The rotating restaurant right at top also does table service but it does get busy and exterior food that's just ok imo. Amazing views though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In March you can probably get decent sun on the terrace at the Gletchergrotte which is table service and quite nice to sit out if the weather is good, often busy though so best visited early or late. It’s also table service at the top of Plattjen where I was served the largest portion of schnitzel, coleslaw and chips I’ve ever seen in my life
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’d also recommend the Gletschergrotte but I haven’t been for a while, so can’t comment on recent service. It was always great for lunch and a stop on the way back home for a last drink before returning to the village.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks all, this gives me a bit of a start Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How much sticker shock will the food prices cause in Saas Fee? Found pricing in Grands Montets and in Chamonix reasonable but heard I'm about to be in for a surprise soon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ItaloSkier, As with all resorts (I believe) the prices increase as you get higher up the mountain. So a dish that costs Sfr20 in the resort, might be Sfr25 at the mid station and Sfr30 at the top.

A main dish of the day is typically in the Sfr25-30 range, Soups in the Sfr10-15 range, with Teas/Coffees/Hot Chocolate in the Sfr4-5 range. There are usually smaller children's plates at lower cost. The most budget friendly mountain restaurant is the Self-Service Morenia.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the insight. Suspect we'll spend quite a bit of time at the restaurant in front of the Larix as well for quick bites, etc. May have to seek out a local market, too, to keep a stash of meats/cheeses/fruit on hand.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are Migros and Coop supermarkets just downhill from the village square, which are open all day. Most if not all of the bakeries shut for a 2 hour lunch, but they are open from 7am or before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy