Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Defective Fischer SL FIS skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
I thought I would ask here for advice.
I am from Lithuania and we have very limited alpine ski retail here, especially for FIS conform stuff. We buy either online or during ski trips in the Alps.
In November 2018, we went to racing camp to the Austrian glaciers and purchased Fischer SL FIS skis at Intersport in Zell am See.
Currently in another ski camp elsewhere and the prep shop pointed out the major defect on the ski - the lower titanal sheet (along with the whole edge and base) has uncoiled from the ski.
There is a gap of 2mm already, which is ~10cm wide and increasing every time that the ski touches the snow. We were advised that it is no longer safe to ski.
The defect looks like an obvious gluing defect (see photos: https://imgur.com/a/VrWOudZ), especially since the ski has been skied for a couple of weeks only and has >90% edge left.
Unfortunately, I haven't retained an original receipt and I cannot go to the Zell am See anytime soon, since the cost would exceed the cost of the ski.
I've tried to email Intersport and to fill in a customer form at the Fischer website but I am not getting any response from either.
What are my options? Are there any Fischer reps on this forum willing to comment on this situation?
Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ZuikiZ, Race skis are made in small quantities, the serial numbers should be traceable to the shop that sold them, Fischer in particular have their "Race Code" system that allows you to register the skis with them, this may give you a better response than their standard customer service system.

I have been skiing with someone who had the same problem with another brand of race skis, I'm pretty sure the race department replaced them without question but this was maybe 30km from the factory.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.
There is a number on a sidewall, which I assume is the serial number.
But the question is how do I get hold of their race department?
Fischer website is suprisingly unfriendly, they would not even allow me to select Lithuania as the country in the customer form or to attach photos...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ZuikiZ, The "Dealer Locator" page on their website shows several shops in Lithuania, including a Nordic "Racing Centre" in Vilnius. I would start by trying to contact your national importer through one of the shops.

The "Race Code" registration system doesn't seem to be there anymore so ignore that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi. I am still at the ski camp. Now on a crappy rentals for another week Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ZuikiZ, FWIW Fischer’s website is in the process of being improved - I don’t know if there’s any loss of functionality while it’s being done though.

Delam like this should be standard replacement. Send them a message on FB with a picture and ask for the appropriate (personal) email address in the warranty department - I’d expect them to be pretty helpful.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Visited two local Fischer dealers at the resort in Italy where I am currently, and was sent away. Although everyone agrees on the factory defect part, their best suggestion in to bring the skis back to Austria. Will try the FB.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ZuikiZ, Where are you in Italy ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Now in Abetone. Next week in Serre Chevalier.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ZuikiZ, one key question - have you used the skis on a dry slope? This can seriously overheat skis and Fishers have been known to start falling apart with dry slope use.

If only on snow, I would take very clear photos of the problem; photo the bases to show that the skis have not been abused, and a photo of the serial number. Then send this direct to Fischer’s public affairs office or customer relations office. It is crazy that they are asking you to go to Austria. Yes the shop has first responsibility, but in this instance I would straight to Fischer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No. These are 86/.5 tuned skis. I am pretty sure they'd shred the dry slope in no time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No response from Fischer so far.
Filed customer form on website on Monday and messaged them on FB on Friday.
Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ZuikiZ wrote:
No response from Fischer so far.
Filed customer form on website on Monday and messaged them on FB on Friday.
Puzzled

Well they won't be working on the weekend on the weekend, so I wouldn't expect to hear back from them on FB 'til next week.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After initial slow start Fischer FB account seems the most promising.
Hopefully, I may be able to file warranty claim at home. Fingers crossed.
Meanwhile Fischer dealers both in Italy and in France are not very friendly. Visited four of them and was sent away. The last one asked for an email from Fischer to them that they shall process the warranty.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Update: It took some time, but Fischer made it right. It is good to know that the company respects their customers. Kudos to them!
Fischer FB has connected me with a region dealer and they agreed to replace the skis. Since I returned home in the meantime, they are shipping the new skis to a local Fischer shop. Hope to have the new skis next week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy