Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GigaGlide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

New registered member to the forum but I've been lurking around as a guest for a while, and you all appear like friendly people so might as well participate.

What are peoples thoughts on using GigaGlide spray on wax replacement as a top up during the week on top of an existing hot wax layer?

I'm tempted to take some with me on my next trip, and was wondering whether anyone had experience of the product.

It seems like a quick and easy solution to top up the skis without a rub on wax.

Thanks

Minimos
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @minimos, and welcome to the forum.

I must admit, I have no idea about gigaglide, but I just rent my skis and rely on the shop to have waxed them for me. For my kind of skiing the wax seems to last ok for the week.

I'm sure there will be others with more knowledge of this product and the dangers or benefits of mixing spray with wax.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Feels spammy. People here tend to use Zardoz Notwax rather than neverheardofitium being promoted by a first time poster.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, The OP has posted relevantly on another thread
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi @Dave of the Marmottes

I can assure you, I'm not spamming it's a serious question, but on reading my post back I can probably understand why you thought so.

I saw the product pop up when watching some online videos, it doesn't seem to be widely available and there are no real reviews knocking about for it.

Zardoz certainly appears cheaper than what I was looking at, and it is not something I was aware of so will look into that also. What's your experience of using NotWax, how should it be applied as in the technique and how long between top ups?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@minimos, Sorry for the false accusation. I've never used Notwax but then I'm pretty much a slacker about waxing and rely on the power of pies to keep me going when snow gets stickier. If you do a search on here there will be threads discussing its use including application during hot waxing etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No worries @Dave of the Marmottes

In this day and age you can't be too sure who anybody is online, what with bots and fake accounts etc, but sounds like you have similar culinary tastes to myself. Mmmmm pie.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dave of the Marmottes, Waxing or pies? I know where my skills set lies, and it aint on the balcony with a hot iron
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I do tend to finish off a waxed base with Zardox, always lasts a full week. best thing to do is try it and see how it works...

proberly best to apply to freshly waxed skis before you ski on them, rather than waiting until they need a new wax.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 30-01-19 11:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Bob, you are right. Don't mind being a guinea pig. If its on top of existing wax it should protect the base and can be removed if its not that cracking.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy