Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian options....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have a chance to go skiing in a few weeks, and, for various reasons, the options are basically:
Niederau, Zell Am See, Bad Hofgastein and Schaldming.
I've been skiing once before, about 7 years ago, so I'm very much a beginner. I'll be travelling solo also and booking ski school.
All of the above options are in or around the same price point so I'm just wondering if any of them stand out as better than the others ?
Early 40s, not necessarily into crazy après, but not a hermit either !
Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've booked to go to Schladming next month. Not been to any of the above but I'm sure it has the larger ski area and is considered quite lively compared to the others.
I'm sure someone will along shortly to give you some serious knowledge!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my view, none of the options stand out from the others either positively or negatively. All are excellent resorts and have plenty of pistes for beginners. Yes, they have their differences, but you can’t make a bad choice out of that list. I’d check the local websites of each resort to see if there are any particular events on that might tip the balance one way or the other. Also, if the ski school is not included in the price, you might want to research the schools before selecting a resort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd go with Zell am See. There are some really good blues up on the mountain and some excellent ski schools. There's also a very good Apres Ski scene with the SCGB which you would have no problems joining.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in Bad Hofgastein this week and I really like it, but it's not ideal for beginners. Most of the runs are reds and a lot of the blues are fairly dull roads. I learnt in Niederau and really enjoyed it, but it's a small place and not much for nightlife. I'd go with Zell.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@wk1974, Schladming and BHG are not great for beginners. Zell am See fits the bill.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Inclined to agree that BHG is probably more suited to intermediates. Schladming has got some great beginner runs, particularly on Hauser Kaibling, and numerous good ski schools. Zell is a great place to ski and is a lively town, but is a relatively small ski area, resulting in many of the blue runs getting straight lined by speed freaks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for Hauser kaibling
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated indeed !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy