Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School/Lessons for group of families/kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My family and a few others are thinking of arranging a group trip over Easter. We would have possibly up to 8 children with us that have never been skiing before. Majority are aged about 8 but with one around 12 and one 6 year old.

We'd like for them all to be able to learn to ski together but I'm unclear whether if we book ski school for all of them as beginners whether they would be kept together or separated because of the size of group or by ages.

Can anyone offer advice on how to ensure we keep the group together if possible. Is going for private group lessons the only option or can we still do this via a ski school.

Any suggestions for specific ski schools / resorts that would be good for this would also be appreciated?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have 8 kids, you could just book a private instructor for them and this way they can all stay together
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A resort that I have been to and would recommend in your situation is Trysil. Its a great resort for beginners, you can get around pretty much all if it on easy slopes. The instruction in English for group lessons is pretty much guaranteed and good. As Easter is late there should be no issue with snow there either.

Its easy to get to. Easy to DIY to save money and/or get what you want.

Trysil has a few things outside of skiing to do as beginners may not like/want to spend all day skiing.

Downsides is that Norway is expensive for some things like eating out.

As to getting all into one class I would think that you would be lucky to get any single group class now for Easter with 8 spaces empty. But the school might get another one going for you, who knows. Another good thing about Scandi resorts are they are easy to get hold of people to talk to.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the moment just planning (early!) For 2020. So wouldn't be issues with booking too late and not being spaces

Currently thinking of a small/medium sized french resort such as Val Cenis or Valjefrus where can get good prices on accomodation and lift passes. But also would consider bigger french resorts or other counties if they were much better for what we are looking for

Main query is whether if we book a group for ski schools can we get all children together or are they likely to get out into separate groups.

Understand that booking a series of private lessons would achieve this but would like to know how it would work with just standard ski school lessons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would have thought booking a private instructor would be cheaper per child than 8 sets of ski school? Years ago I remember booking a private ESF instructor for 3 kids in our group, and 5 days of 2 hours was the same cost as 6 days of ski school for the 3 of them would have been. We had had a bad experience with group ESF lessons 2 years earlier, but this time they had a blast.
I think the problem you may find is that a 12 year old and a 6 year old in the same lesson isn't great from a learning point of view
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy