Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Radstadt - somewhere to play with kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going out over half term and staying in Radstadt. I am hoping to get a few runs in on the afternoon we arrive as my understanding is that with the 6 day pas you can use it from 3pm the day before?

However we will also be with my sister and her two children for whom (the children) this is their first time on snow (and due to being with their cousins I suspect my two may be more inclined to play in the snow with their cousins that want to ski with Mummy!).

So is there anywhere close to at least a run, where we could all go, take it in turns to at least get a couple of runs in, while the children can play, with sledges and generally building stuff in the snow for that first afternoon we are there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, most of the ski areas have kids play areas near the base stations. The ski schools generally run snow play sessions for kids that are too small to ski. You would have to rent sledges.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Radstadt toboggan ride is insanely long. There is 1 gondola up from Radstadt base station and basically you turn left at the top for the toboggan run and right for the ski runs. Toboggan hire was inside the Gondola base station (IIRC we paid 5€ for hire, 10 or 15 for deposit) after the turnstiles when we were there. Hire is, I think, essentially for the day or maybe as long as you want as each run takes at least 30 mins. There are a couple of single track roads to cross (well signposted) and a couple of short uphill sections. Depending on the age of the kids, I'd advise adult drivers, especially if it hasn't snowed for a few days! You could all go up to the top and have a play before sledging down. The problem if you want to ski as well is you need different boots. At the base there is a short easy button tow for beginners and a small hut and garden for ski school, a piste, a bar and a ticket kiosk. I don't remember a play area. There was a vast play area with mini rides and a downhill coaster on a rail (the Lucky Flitzer) at one of the bases of Flachau (10mins drive away) but I seem to recall it was a short walk along the edge of the ski area from the lift and the day we went it was more beside the snow than in the snow (we were there in late March though).

Beware that although the piste map shows separate red and blue pistes going down to the base of Radstadt, in reality there are actually just blue markers down 1 side and reds down the other of the last section and it's distinctly purple. If in doubt, beginners might want to download via the lower 1/2 of the Gondola for a day or 2. If you want a few more blues, Flachauwinkl is a great family area and only about 15 mins drive. You can also access the bigger Zauchensee area from the same car park (via a very short bus link).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy