Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term Saturday 16th Feb, Travelling on A40 when is best?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We usually travel down on the Friday and overnight near the resort, but this time due to work we will probably be getting on to the A40 in the afternoon of the saturday 16th, when is the time to really avoid? as we may be able to get there 1pm ish, with even less sleep on Friday night (the days of driving through the night are gone before it is suggested, I am too old for that!)

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Without wishing to come across as being unhelpful I would say Saturday early afternoon is the worst time of all.

Half term will be the worst of the worst. It will get slower and slower the closer to the resort you get.

Overnight drive might be much more preferable, even though you don't like it. Or just get loads of films. Chill out and go with the flow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@emwmarine, Thanks, overnight drive just leaves me knackered for too long now, used to do it all the time, but having worked out timings, we may be able to get to the A40 at macon for about midday, so hopefully.............just depends how late the boat is, its usually late when its full...........
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best time if you can't do early is to leave it till a lot later. Stop early on Friday, have a good supper, have loads of sleep and aim to arrive in resort about 7pm.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, Thank you, we have all our own gear, and lifts and lessons are done, so that could be a solution, will play it depending on how late said boat is
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Best time if you can't do early is to leave it till a lot later. Stop early on Friday, have a good supper, have loads of sleep and aim to arrive in resort about 7pm.

I think that's right. Perhaps even later - stop for dinner en route.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having been one of the first to divert off when the Chamois tunnel closed a few years ago, I can say that either you need to be earlier than that or as other have suggested, have a leisurely start on Saturday, stop for lunch and or dinner and let the worst of the crowds just go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy