Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1800 bus station to Edenarc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How easy is it to get to the Edenarc apartments from the bus station at Arc 1800?

We're getting the funicular up from Bourg on Saturday then the bus from there to 1800 (have taken that before a few times when staying in 1600 so am happy with that). then we have 2 options, wait for a second bus that goes up to the Chantel area - if so I'm not sure where it stops, or take the new Dahu lift which I haven't seen before.

If I remember correctly it's quite a slope / a lot of stairs up to the snow front at 1800 plus the Dahu lift is the opposite end to the bus station, would it be doable with cases and board bags?

Thanks for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@vickitav, it's a pain to get from the train station in Bourg up to EdenArc with ski luggage. Have you thought about getting a taxi? Typical taxi prices here, about €58 for four people, versus €32 for the funicular if you don't already have valid skipasses for that day.

If you do go by shuttle bus to Arc 1800 from the top of the funicular I'd use the second shuttle bus up to Chantel rather than the Dahu lift. The 1600-1800 shuttle stops immediately next door to the 1800-Chantel bus, and it's probably easier to do that than hoof with your luggage from the bus stop to the Dahu lift. From the bus stop at Chantel it's a short walk up hill to the EdenArc development.

If you are travelling by the daytime Eurostar be aware that the Dahu lift and the Chantel-1800 bus shuttle begin their services on Saturday fairly late if you are trying to get down to Bourg train station by 8.30am via the funicular.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks rob, we're doing the indirect train specifically to be able to arrive earlier / leave later
I like the funicular and prefer it to faffing about with taxis, but then again we've only stayed in 1600 before...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
vickitav wrote:
thanks rob, we're doing the indirect train specifically to be able to arrive earlier / leave later
I like the funicular and prefer it to faffing about with taxis, but then again we've only stayed in 1600 before...
With luggage I think the extra hassle of taking two shuttle buses makes a taxi a better option. Without luggage I think the combination of funicular and the shuttle buses is fine (which is what I did last week, but I only had a little bit of hand luggage and didn't have to pay directly to use the funicular as I have a season pass).

Going back to your original question, Dahu lift or additional shuttle bus, I think the bus is the easier option. The bus from 1600 to 1800 stops about 3 metres away from the 1800-Chantel bus, so much easier than carrying your luggage across the village (including up one staircase) and across the snowfront to get to the Dahu (which often has a queue). When you get off the bus at Chantel it's a relatively short walk up the road to get to EdenArc.

Hope you have a great time. I got back from Les Arcs yesterday and the pistes are in just about perfect condition, and with the forecast cold temperatures and the possibility of a small top-up of fresh snow it should remain that way until you get there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Rob, do you recommend a particular taxi company if I change my mind?

The bus stops you're talking about, the one i know is the underground one in 1800, is that where you mean?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vickitav wrote:
Thanks Rob, do you recommend a particular taxi company if I change my mind?
I've used Taxi Aarthur before, and they were reliable and seem similarly priced to other companies I looked at. Pre-booking is a good idea, which I did by email (in English). www.taxibourgsaintmaurice.com

vickitav wrote:
The bus stops you're talking about, the one i know is the underground one in 1800, is that where you mean?
No, I think that's the one at the other side of Arc 1800 (Villards). When you depart Arc 1600 the first stop you come to is Charvet in Arc 1800, which is the main bus terminal. Get off the bus there, and the Charvet-Chantel bus leaves from pretty much from the same place. I think the Chantel shuttle runs every 20 minutes, and is easy to spot as it is a smaller size than the regular size bus which runs 1600-1800.

The Chantel route has two stops, you want the second stop. It's just a short hop up the hill, takes about 4 minutes. When you get off the bus at the second stop EdenArc is just uphill of you. It's all very obvious.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a quick update (under a different login, this is the one my phone remembers!)
Ended up on the direct train since Eurostar cancelled our Paris train due to snow in Northern France(!)
Got the funicular and the 1800 bus was waiting, got to Charvet & no sign of the shuttle bus so walked to the Dahu lift - pretty easy really. 42 euros return for the funicular
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy