Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to bring during the day?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Neurofen

Currently have a lined jacket, but intend to change to a shell jacket which I suspect may lead to more adjustment of layers. So a backpack may also come into play ... which then opens the possibility of carrying avi gear for the odd day off piste.

I get the impression that most of the Ski Back packs are pretty minimal in terms of things that would catch on a lift, however they do tend to push you forward causing the odd banged helmet when lowering the bar.

My present problem with pockets is that my Oakley sunglasses case is quite bulky and will probably hurt me should I fall on something hard, though hopefully this should not occur, and if it does there is a 50:50 chance of landing on the same side.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have poor circulation or tend to get cold easily? You might if skiing in -20! That’s the reason I carry a small backpack (with no loose straps or ties). It holds water, balaclava, hand warmers, extra glove liners and hat as well as chocolate. Invaluable on cold runs or when stuck on a chairlift! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The good thing about wearing a backpack is that your mates will love you... “Do you mind if I just my spare top, goggles, gloves, or whatever, in your pack?”.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What’s interesting is that if you read most backpack threads on SH you would get the impression that the clear majority of skiers use them. If you do a straw poll when out skiing or google images of lift queues then it seems like only 20% or less wear a backpack. Maybe we have a disproportionate number of off-piste skiers here who need them. I also suspect that Brits are slightly more inclined to wear them - possible because mountains are a more alien environment for most so we like to carry all sorts of clobber ‘just in case’.

Another example of the SnowHeads bubble?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I reckon it’s more like 50/50 on the slopes nowadays.

We’ve always skied with a rucksack so for us it’s second nature now. I have a small one I got off amazon for £15 that normally holds a water bag but I find it’s perfect for what I like to take.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U5XLI76/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_56XvCbZD80YAY?tag=amz07b-21

I hate skiing with stuff in my pockets, and only keep my phone and money/card/piste map in my chest pocket in my jacket.

This is what I take in my rucksack on a normal day:
Another layer - a fleece if cold or a thinner layer if a bit warmer
A bottle of water
Glove liners
2-3 cereal bars
A pack of hand warmers
Sunglasses
Wooly hat
Bandit Action camera (when I’m not wearing it)

I find that’s the perfect amount for me. And the last thing I’d want to do is head back to my accommodation and waste precious time on the slope.

I’ve never had any issues on lifts with my bag.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, no bag I’ve decided as I can eat and drink at many places across the resort and it won’t take long to ski back to the apartment for layers etc if i need them. I bought my jacket yesterday (one with a good amount of pockets!) and a fleece with pockets too so I can carry phone, cards and passes, some money, lip balm+ a snack Smile thanks for all the replies and help
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My little sister has decided she wants a bag of some sort, what for I have no idea as we are in a small resort and her jacket has plenty of room! She wants to get a bum bag for her “lip gloss!!” So I’m going to leave her to it.
I am likely to be very cold but it’s a ski in ski out apartment so it won’t take long to pop back in and change/have a break Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy