Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen - End of March - Clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Only ever been away in February and wore my Westbeach jacket and pants (non-insulated) and adding / removed base layers as I went. Only ever felt a bit cold was.

This year I am off to Mayrhofen end of March and I am confused about how to dress. Am I going to boil wearing what I did last time ? As a noob spring time visitor its hard to imagine it being warm and there being sun. Is it still actually cold but just less so ?

Sorry for the noob question could just with a bit of clarity.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At risk of stating the obvious, it will depend on the weather, but ski jacket and trousers and a thin (top half) base layer with options to add other layers if needed is the way to go. Jacket zip will regulate your temperarture as you ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have this Jacket (although not this colour - yuck lol)

https://westbeach.com/products/tokum-jacket-non-insulated?variant=12640031375383

and the pants (again different colours Smile )

https://westbeach.com/products/upperlevels-2-pant

They have vents you can zip open etc.

Presuming im good to go ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Often been very end of March. Often very sunny and warm, never been really cold (then again, currently skiing in -13 to -20, so that's cold!). Really warm and sunny means I want to ski in a t shirt only, so t shirt with light padded jacket over it is all I use. If 'cold' or cloudy I would add a base layer long sleeved top, maybe a fleece jacket over that (and light neck buff) - but probably then end up with jacket unzipped. On legs I have 1 pair thin tights and stretch leggings + unpadded ski trousers, never been cold, often warm.
Up on the glacier might be colder and windier, maybe cloudier, but also can be sunnier and therefore seem warmer. Wind is likely to make the cold rather than cold itself.
As you said, layers; but, yes, it can get pretty warm. Remember the sun screen!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And precipitation could be rain in the valley so waterproof shell handy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is the snow still good ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Mayrhofen at the end of March in 2015 and we were skiing in 20 degrees. The snow wasn't too bad because of the refrigeration effect of the snow pack beneath the upper layers. By 2 pm in the afternoon the top 6 inches was a bit mashed potato but you should be in the bar by then anyway (it's Mayrhofen after all). It was definitely t-shirt weather.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^^^^ or you could be on the slopes at Hintertux Glacier in winter conditions until 5pm.

Just don't get this packing in before the lifts do lark... Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mankini weather
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
last time I skied there in late March it was knee deep in the village
even if the precipitation is rain in the village, the skiing isn't there, it's 1000m+ higher where it's snow snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personal experience is that the coldest you get outdoors is actually when it's raining/sleeting with wind, the lowish temperature and evaporative heat loss chills far quicker than most colder temps that you ski in.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They had the palm trees out at the base of the Ahorn home run last March so pack t shirts and shorts.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy