Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap getaway

Poster: A snowHead
I now cheap and skiing doesn't usually come hand in hand but if you was after something reasonably priced where would you start looking?

Tying to get me an my cousin away 9th March ish (most of the holidays I've viewed that suits our window)

He's never been and I've been couple of times chamrrouse and livigno with a past snow head bash..

Bit of a whim really already got hol booked June in warmer climates that's why we're trying to do it on a budget..

Flights n transfers pretty much in place.. We'll most cost effective I've put together..
Lutton - grenoble then prob Ben's pus somewhere but open to any suggestions. Manchester / Leeds would be better

Looked at little packages on snowtrex / sunweb
But is there a better / cheaper way, smaller resort that's not in the mainstream or get Lift pass separate? Wait till very last minute?
Wouldn't even mind joining a group but see the only bash around then is for the bit more experienced

Any advice or recommendation much appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crystal ski has andorra 1/2 board from manchester for £392
add in ski hire & lift pass.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yea see that one, starts adding up with lift pass n rental..

Aiming to keep it around £400pp
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shaunyski wrote:
Yea see that one, starts adding up with lift pass n rental..

Aiming to keep it around £400pp

IMO you will struggle.
1/2 that budget would go on lift pass & hire.
leaving £200 for flights & accommodation + transfers if you go the DIY route.
You could look at balkanholidays for Bulgaria, But I think you will be looking at nearer £550 (though most hotels are usually 1/2 board, so you wont need to buy breakfast or evening dinner).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yea seems I might be hoping for a bit too much.. This whim might have to wait till another time ☹️

I think I'm getting somewhere but then can't get flights or if I can transfers let me down.. And renting car prices seem a bit far fetched..

Le massif du Dévoluy is one am trying for now.. Valfrejus was one before..

But I guess this I why these places are cheaper for Acom + lift pass
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Valfrejus is very close to Modane (which has a train line that links to airports at Lyon, Chambery or even Turin), all at pretty decent prices. A bit of faff involved, but if you're not in a rush and main objective is to keep costs down it becomes a decent option.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shaunyski, for that kind of cash you need to look at Borovets or Bansko in Bulgaria. Of the two, I'd recommend Borovets - it's small but there are some nice runs and it's super-cheap.

You can easily do a week B&B with flights, transfers, ski hire and lift pass for £400. Have a look on Travel Republic and price something up - just make sure the hotel you pick is in the village centre and not a bus ride away.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HoneyBunny wrote:
@shaunyski, for that kind of cash you need to look at Borovets or Bansko in Bulgaria. Of the two, I'd recommend Borovets - it's small but there are some nice runs and it's super-cheap.

You can easily do a week B&B with flights, transfers, ski hire and lift pass for £400. Have a look on Travel Republic and price something up - just make sure the hotel you pick is in the village centre and not a bus ride away.

This^^. Lift pass and ski rental is going to take most of your budget in the Alps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you do diy you could look at flying into Strasberg or Basel/Freiburg/Mulhouse and up to feldberg in the Black Forest
Because it’s out of the alps cheaper
I’m not sure how much it would cost but worth a look as they have great snow at the moment
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sunweb including basic ski rental in a lot of their deals in France this year(as well as ski pass)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanx for all the imput everyone...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Think the winner is defo borovets
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Think the winner is defo borovets cheers honeybunny.. Had a quick DIY add up and already closer to 800 than anything else.. And prob save bit more through Airbnb.. Also ski pass + rental £200 1st place then am sure I see it £139 somewhere else afterwards..

Cousins now getting cold feet tho so may have to go on my own lol..

Gona keep my eye on snow conditions which i see wasn't very good last year(90cm) in March but 2 years before was better (150cm) so maybe this will help us decide next month... Wouldn't want to take him for 1st time n it's all slushy..

Thanx again
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry for repeat posts.. Wouldn't but full msg up
latest report
We did Milky Way last year as a group of 5 it came to about £4-500 each.
Flights Bristol to Turin - £60 return
Transfers (hire car) - £30 each
Ski hire - unsure as I have my own gear but I think some of the lads paid about £60 or £70
Accomodation wise we had an apartment in sestriere -£180 each
Lift pass for 6 days £180

My opinion is that I really get bored with small resorts, there is a huge amount of skiing in the via lattea and early March the snow can be good. The main thing you’ll notice is the cost of stuff when you’re out there is so much cheaper than France and Austria etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy