Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Mont Mont Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of taking a day trip to Chamonix to experience the Aiguille du Midi

Any tips would be appreciated (foot passengers only)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take a large large wallet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Advance reservation.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No need for advance reservation. So long as you don't want to be on the early morning lifts it is just a pay up and walk on service. Make sure that the day you go has a clear forecast otherwise there is no point.

Also, make sure that the day you plan to visit doesn't have high winds forecast. It can close the top lift
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HammondR, aren’t the queues a bit tedious?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not after about 10:30/11:00 ish (so long as the lift starts on time). All the local old timers rock up at 11:00 and just walk on. Even with no fresh snow there is something of an early frenzy, then all tends to become calm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unlike the pox ridden Flegere lift.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My tip - don't run up the stairs when you're in the top station. Altitude doesn't normally bother me but I really felt light headed when I ran up the stairs (to get a photo). I think it was because I'd come up from low altitude so quickly.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is a great experience, we spent over 2 hours up there. Take some water with you and keep drinking, I had a distinct "fuzzy altitude headache" after about 90 mins up there.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Took my old mum up there when she was in her 70s, seemed to wreak havoc with her plumbing, change in air pressure or something. wink . Been up there many times to ski down myself and it's one of the most amazing bits of building and engineering you'll see. Not for those who don't like heights.
Agree re timings, saunter along at 1130 and it'll be quiet enough.
Altitude - most people notice less oxygen but it's not alarming.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want to spend time out on the observation platforms (which is the best bit, the café offering is crap unless it's changed a lot since I was last there) wear plenty of layers. It gets chilly up there! I took visitors who weren't used to mountains and had to bully them in the car park, where it was balmy and they insisted they wouldn't need scarves, hats, neck things, gloves, extra layers etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy