Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Currently in Aosta...

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, currently based in Aosta and have a full valley pass for all areas. My last day on the slopes for this particular trip is Wednesday.

My brother is leaving after tomorrow so I figured I would post on here and see if anyone is in the area : ).

I'm 32 and an advanced boarder on and off piste...hoping that we get some snow from Tuesday?

I'd had a thought to maybe try and share a guide and do the Toula Glacier off Helbronner or as I've never been there. But would be up for anything really, conditions depending.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How is the snow now? you checked out La thuile yet? not hardcore but a nice resort especially with the link over to france. They have some decent new runs in the mont valaisan area too.

https://www.larosiere.ski/en/mont-valaisan
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The snow is not amazing as we could use some help from nature for sure, but it could always be worse in my opinion!

I've been to La Thuile/La Rossiere Thursday and Today. Today was the better day I feel as it was less busy. Got into some cool lines with a French guy we met - we dropped off the back of the new Mont Valaisan lift (which as you say is new for this season). Some pretty steep, variable sections but was stable and fun so can't complain given what was on offer...you end up on the Chardonnet lift.

I had a day on the piste in Pila on Friday just to check it out as I have not been there and it was certainly more busy-ish and not as nice as La Thuile/La Rossiere. It's a really cool place though and has potential if there were more snow/and or less traffic.

Going to check out Courmayeur tomorrow I suppose as I've never been : ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just an update in case anyone wants to know - I would say Courmayeur definitely needs some snow. My first time there today and definitely a really cool place however - had some fun! I felt La Thuile/La Rosiere Saturday was better though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glad you are getting on and seeing the Valle D'Aosta mate, its a great area! Pila is lower so i didn't go this year as was worried the snow would have been non exisitent on the lower slopes.

I read new snow is due thurs, though that may change...its def overdue!

Yes the new area is pretty decent from what i briefly saw of it this year, just needs more fresh snow to enjoy better Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah I agree, I have more experience in Monterosa area (will be based there for two weeks in Feb) as well as Cervinia but this is my first time down on this end of the Valley.

I hear you on Pila, it's a neat place though.

And definitely true regarding La Thuile/La Rosiere!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
See i have never done Monterosa, my mrs is put off being a nervous skiier. She thinks there is too much red and not enough cruisy blues. What do you think?

Yes Pila is pretty cool except at weekends when its busy. Some pretty nice views up top too!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It depends on how nervous I suppose, but it's not that bad I would say in all honesty. But if you are looking for a more cruisy on piste holiday something like Cervinia is quite nice : ).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes we like Cervinia a lot, it just doesn't have the feel of some of the smaller resorts imo.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
splitoval56
user
Sat 19 Jan, 19 08:06
good morning.

I'm driving from Manchester on friday 15th feburary to aosta in Italy and looking for parent and child to go with us,
I'm 48 and my daughter is 11.
Diving a movano van which is a crew cab which has 7 seat.
we have book an apartment in aosta for 4 people.
if you need more details please call me on 07734903329
or email on chrishardmannw@aol.com.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Sweedish, your mrs has a point regarding Monterosa. There are some sketchy bits for those lacking in confidence, the Goat being the obvious example, and given the linnear nature of the resort, they are difficult to avoid. Although once through the generally short tricky sections, a lot of pistes open out into lovely long, wide, cruisey slopes.

It is stunningly beautiful and well worth a trip when/if confidence improves.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi guys.

Some of you seem to have knowledge of Monterosa.

3 of us going to Cervinia a week today, but plan to do the last day in Monterosa, as we have a hire car. What is the situation re Idren, does anyone know. As far as I can tell, it's a marked but unpisted black, mostly OK, but with some tricky bits. I'd like to give it a go if conditions are good, but if anyone can tell me anything I'd appreciate it. Is the Idren extension purely for that one run? I guess it is. Cable car looks impressive.

Weather forecast says heavy snow for Cevinia on Tuesday and Wednesday, so fingers crossed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi guys.

Some of you seem to have knowledge of Monterosa.

3 of us going to Cervinia a week today, but plan to do the last day in Monterosa, as we have a hire car. What is the situation re Idren, does anyone know? As far as I can tell, it's a marked but unpisted black, mostly OK, but with some tricky bits. I'd like to give it a go if conditions are good, but if anyone can tell me anything I'd appreciate it. Is the Idren extension purely for that one run? I guess it is. Cable car looks impressive.

Weather forecast says heavy snow for Cevinia on Tuesday and Wednesday, so fingers crossed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did monte Rosa for a day as part of a boys trip a good few years ago. We also did Courmayeur, Cervinia and pula. I loved monte Rosa for the feeling of real travel across to algna and back. Most of the reds are cruise and v well bashed. One exception was the run down to Alana from a refuge. Not sure if it was black or itinary but was relatively quite tough. I think they may have a bashed piste down to the village since then.

I’d love to go back.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MHskier wrote:
Did monte Rosa for a day as part of a boys trip a good few years ago. We also did Courmayeur, Cervinia and pula. I loved monte Rosa for the feeling of real travel across to algna and back. Most of the reds are cruise and v well bashed. One exception was the run down to Alana from a refuge. Not sure if it was black or itinary but was relatively quite tough. I think they may have a bashed piste down to the village since then.

I’d love to go back.

I've seen a few videos, and it does look nice. I think if it weren't wasn't 1.5 hours journey each way, 2 days would have been nice. Looking forward to the one though.

We're going to drive to Champoulic as it's nearer, so the journey to Alagna should be fun. Was just wondering about doing the Idren run too. Maybe we'll struggle for time to go all the way and back, plus the run from Idren cable car.
latest report
The Indren lift grants acces to the backcountry. There is one marked offpiste run. It is not Avalanche controlled nor do ski patrol patrol it. It is high mountain terrain. If you intend on going up you should have a transceiver, shovel and probe - it is also the law in Italy to carry these if you ski offpiste.
ski holidays
Gig577 wrote:
The Indren lift grants acces to the backcountry. There is one marked offpiste run. It is not Avalanche controlled nor do ski patrol patrol it. It is high mountain terrain. If you intend on going up you should have a transceiver, shovel and probe - it is also the law in Italy to carry these if you ski offpiste.

Thanks Gig.

I thought that would be the case, but really fancy it - though I'm not great at off piste. Hopefully could hire those things, and a rucksack in a ski hire shop. I did ski La Grave a couple of years ago, but that only opens when it's relatively safe. Seen a couple of videos on Youtube, and it looks very good.

Steve.
latest report
It's not very steep at all. The difficulty is really dependent on conditions. There is a nice mountain hut called Oreste's Hütte on the trail.
ski holidays
Gig577 wrote:
It's not very steep at all. The difficulty is really dependent on conditions. There is a nice mountain hut called Oreste's Hütte on the trail.

Yes, I think I read or saw it on one of those videos. That's just after The Eagle Couloir I think. As I said, I'm not great at off piste, but am trying to practice it a bit. La Grave was my most enjoyable day skiing ever, so I'd like to give that run a go, if we have good conditions that that. It makes sense that it be our last Friday - 1st of Feb.

Thanks again. The whole ski area looks great, but then Cervinia/Zermatt also does. This would be the icing on the cake, just like La Grave was.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy